New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Newfoundlander in Saskatchewan canada.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 12:45 PM
HCF Member
Default Newfoundlander in Saskatchewan canada.

Ok so here is the low down I have been working on car since I was 16 (35 now), I recently had my much loved 96 mx3 wrote off because some d*ck rear ended me and so I had to buy a more "family" friendly car the rules where that I had the money from my wrote off car that insuranace gave me to replace it but had to be able to accomodate a baby seat and be easy on gas so I went to looking and settled on the 99 civic dx dark green coupe (i owned a 89 2door hatch back about 10 yrs ago). She has 210,000kms (little over 130,000 miles) and needed work but mostly lipstick stuff, I picked her up for $2550 cdn and had to clean up and redo some hack wiring and get her cleaned up. The previous owner had the right idea, but not really the knowledge of how to do the wiring professionally. So after 3 days work I got it pretty much to where I can start with some of the stuff I want to do. Here is the list of mods the prev owner had done;
Apexi catback (he did a good job on this and I love the sound)
AEM cai
msd sci box (which was mounted in the glove box and I relocated to the engine bay) and cap, rotor, plug wires etc.
dropzone struts and tein springs
Upgraded audio alpine deck, rockford speakers, amps and sub. (all this needed a rewire job)
Parts that came with the car is a d16y8 head, d15z3 intake mani, and the obd1 ecm with adapter plug from obd2 to obd1 as well as other odds and ends. The head is near mint nice and clean same for intake mani. I may do the head swap seeing as how 98% of the parts are there with the exception of the timing belt which is no biggie. I do not plan to mod her to much as its mainly just a dd and I do not want anything other than a simple n/a setup at this time. I cleaned up the wiring and professionally wired the stereo system and msd as well as the new remote start with keyless entry myself (god its nice to have keyless entry again) and I will post pics as soon as I get time to wash her and get the camera out. Gas mileage is awesome so far should be gettin 500km out of tank on average which kicks butt.

Last edited by Newfiedan; 01-28-2011 at 12:48 PM.