New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Nod where is my Mod?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 06:07 PM
Default Nod where is my Mod?

Hi Everyone!

I bought a 07 4dr civic royal blue no pics yet cause I havent done any mods.

thats why I joined.

I know there is tons of stuff u can do to make it a totally awesome ride but I am cluless where to start.

I'm pretty handy and can handle technical stuff pretty well.

If anyone has any easy diy mods for the '07 civic let me know!!!!

Old 04-11-2010, 07:16 PM
HCF Member

I would suggest what many people suggested to me get q new intake, header, and exhaust but of course I don't know much about your car so I can't really tell you what to get but the Internet is s very valuable source of info.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:30 PM
HCF Member

get some titanium springs and retainers, after market valves, better ignition like msd also plugs, better plug wires.lighter rims,take out back seat,spare tire,jack etc(if you wanna make it lighter.. pistons and rods. But like the angry pole says intake and exhaust is the one thing most people start with.It really is endless in what you can do with a vehicle..get you a turbo kit if you dont already have turbo on your car

Old 04-11-2010, 08:45 PM

Is that for mpg... or ....????

Old 04-11-2010, 09:05 PM
HCF Member

K nurb, mahoney really didn't help you much.

First off, give us an idea of a budget, what you are after (ex. small power gain, huge power, looks, etc.), and what pretty much what you want to do. Only thing is with the newers Civics there's not nearly as much aftermarket for them as there is for older Civics, the most commonly modded are 2000 and under.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by mahoney88
get some titanium springs and retainers, after market valves, better ignition like msd also plugs, better plug wires.lighter rims,take out back seat,spare tire,jack etc(if you wanna make it lighter.. pistons and rods. But like the angry pole says intake and exhaust is the one thing most people start with.It really is endless in what you can do with a vehicle..get you a turbo kit if you dont already have turbo on your car
Okay. Rule 1 of life. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't open your mouth.

1. 01+ Civics don't have spark plug wires... well not the kind you're thinking of
2. you're just spouting off random mods
3. If you knew what you were talking about you'd know that he doesn't have a turbo already because he hasn't modded it and Civics don't come stock turbocharged

Also, removing back seat is just dumb unless you are using the car for track, and even then you won't gain enough to make it worth while on a daily driver.

And yea, have him remove the spare tire so that when he runs over a nail he has to pay for a new tire AND a tow truck. Great idea

Old 04-12-2010, 02:07 AM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by trustdestruction
Okay. Rule 1 of life. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't open your mouth.

1. 01+ Civics don't have spark plug wires... well not the kind you're thinking of
2. you're just spouting off random mods
3. If you knew what you were talking about you'd know that he doesn't have a turbo already because he hasn't modded it and Civics don't come stock turbocharged

Also, removing back seat is just dumb unless you are using the car for track, and even then you won't gain enough to make it worth while on a daily driver.

And yea, have him remove the spare tire so that when he runs over a nail he has to pay for a new tire AND a tow truck. Great idea
No offense in my defense I haven't done any mods to my car either but ummm i didnt know civics came with h22 swapped engines and cold air intake and full apexi exhaust with megan headers and aem fuel rails etc. Just because he said HE hasn't done any mods does mean there are not already some done to his car. Second weight reductions is smart for many reasons I haven't had a spare tire in my vehicle since I was 16 but just removing the spare tire isn't going to do anything at all your gonna have to remove more than just that and me spouting off random mods is still stating mods he could do .

Old 04-12-2010, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by mahoney88
and me spouting off random mods is still stating mods he could do.
But they weren't good advice. And no, some of those mods aren't even possible on his car.

Titanium Springs/retainers and valves... not gonna give you any power. You buy those for a bigger cam so that they are strong enough to withstand it and also to withstand higher revs. You don't just slap aftermarket springs/valves/retainers in an engine without a good reason.

You mentioned MSD ignition and better spark plug wires... 01+ Civics are distributor-less... they have coil packs, therefore no spark plug wires and no traditional ignition coil.

Also, if you think about what he said, it's kind of obvious he doesn't have a turbocharger. While he didn't say that he did any mods, he also said it's not worth taking pictures of because he hasn't done any mods. If he had a turbocharger, whether he installed it or not, he most likely would have not expressed that it wasn't worth taking pictures of.

Weight reduction in a daily driver is retarded. And it's an '07.. It's 3-4 years old. Who the hell in their right mind wants to rip out the interior of a daily driver 2007 Civic?

But to the OP: it's still worth taking pictures of

Last edited by trustdestruction; 04-12-2010 at 02:39 AM.