New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Not a newbie... But new to civics....

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:31 PM
HCF Member
Default Not a newbie... But new to civics....

My name is Casey I live in Cedar Rapids Iowa and about a year ago I bought a 95 civic DX... Im having some issues with it ( which I will save for the tech issues section)... And this seems like the place to be for people with questions... First off I have to ask how to post pictures in threads?.. Aside from that the Civic I bought used to be green but the previous owner rattle canned it flat black... It has manual windws, locks, mirrors, steering and transmission... Its about as base model as base models get... Im supprised it has A/C lol... I bought it not running... It would crank over but not start... After a couple hours of tinkering I found out the timing belt had snapped... I replaced it and it fired right up... About 2 weeks later I bought a wrecked EX and transplanted the Vtec... In the process I found out I needed to get my trans. rebuilt... Rather than pay $600 for parts and then pay labor costs I decided to do it myself... I did a bare bones rebuild... But its doing pretty good so far... and It only cost me about $200... Im fairly familiar with my car but some things are still goofy to me so here I am... I hope to hear from you all in the future and hope to be a Civic owner for a while...

Old 03-30-2010, 06:51 AM
shawty

Click the go advance button =] or there should be a button all the way at teh bottom when you are creating a thread it's really simple!!

But welcome!

I just bought my very first Honda in January =]
93' dx

Old 03-30-2010, 02:22 PM
HCF Member

I got it figured out... But thanks anyway...

Old 03-30-2010, 02:45 PM
HCF Member

Welcome to HCF!
Post some pics of your ride!

Old 03-30-2010, 03:45 PM
HCF Member

I have lol... A bunch of pics of my oil covered engine and trans... I only have one pic of my car atm.....

Name:  1269552279.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  172.0 KB

Old 03-30-2010, 03:48 PM
shawty

sheee use to be teal like mine =] hottnesss

Old 03-30-2010, 03:56 PM
HCF Member

Im not exactly certain why it was rattle canned black... Unless it was just for the ricer look... quite a bit of the black is coming off and the paint underneath looks pretty good... It is in pretty rough shape tho... But I have a feeling with a bit of time and money and some elbow grease Ill have a nice car eventually... lol

Old 03-30-2010, 03:59 PM
shawty

I believe patients is the key here I want to re-paint mine the color it is but theres a lot of small dimples n what not that would take FOREVER to smooth out =/

Old 03-30-2010, 04:06 PM
HCF Member

Im good at being patent... for a while lol... I do have a lot of body work ahead of me before a paint job... previous owner hit a deer on the passsnger side... (He is a good friend of mine) and after he got it mostly fixed (insurance payed to unbend fenders and hood instead of new ones) someone jumped up on his hood and kicked in his windsheild while he was at work in the mall... After he got that fixed it died on the interstate... I bought it from him after that... Is it normal for the gears to feel so long? 2ed gear will take me up to about 80mph... Is that normal?

Old 03-30-2010, 04:08 PM
shawty

uhhhh as far as my knowledge goes... No I dont think thats normal. You may want to invest ina new tranny before that one blows out all the gears!

Quick Reply: Not a newbie... But new to civics....