New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Not So new NOOB

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Default Not So new NOOB

Hello everyone!

I'm new to this site, but not necessarily new to Civics. I bought my first Si back in '92 and drove/modified/autocrossed/drovemore/thengotrearendedandtotalled/sold in 2002.

Man, did I love that car. It was red, so red it made my boss' red Corvette look like it was actually pink when it was parked next to mine. It was so cool because it was an inexpensive car, it ran awesome, it was uber-relaible and being 6' 6" didn't make my head drag the roof of the car like a 9 foot Christmas tree in a 8 foot tall room. Then came the day that lady driving that explorer didn't think paying attention was part of driving. I was heartbroken. I drove it for months with the back caved-in till the smell of exhaust was too much for me to bear. I put a for sale sign up on it and sold it to some kid three days later.

Fast forward 4 years.

I've been looking on eBay and virtually every other online resource for another 1992-1995 Civic Si since the time I sold my car. All it ever seemed like I would find would be riced-out, B18a-nitrous-turbo'd-paintedinterior-and-bitchin-pepto-neon. Now before I get flamed, if that is what you like then that's cool...it's just not what I'm going to buy. I wanted an unmolested car and I didn't want to pay out the yang for one. Well yesterday I finally found one. I found and bought a black 1994 Si with 104,000 miles on the clock. BONE STOCK. The paint is faded and oxidized on the roof, but that's nothing a body guy wouldn't do for a $100 and a case of beer. I look forward to posting and working with you guys as I molest my newly acquired black '94 Si.

I'll put some pics up soon so you guys can have a look at my new project as it progresses.

Thanks,

Gary

Old 03-08-2006, 10:50 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Not So new NOOB

pimp. post pics. eff molested cars... haha.

Old 03-08-2006, 10:56 AM
mxs
HCF Member

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum!

Old 03-08-2006, 11:14 AM
HCF Member

Grats on finding what you were looking for! 94 black Si's rock... not that I'm biased or anything. May I ask how much you paid for it? Just outta curiosity...

Old 03-08-2006, 11:41 AM
HCF Member

Youve come to the right place. We are the anti rice and known for it. Strictly gear heads. We do get ricers once in awhile. We dont really flame them but they see that we dont do it their way and they dont stick around long...

For some reason I have never heard of a 5th gen Si... maybe I didnt get the memo.

Old 03-08-2006, 11:51 AM
mxs
HCF Member

you missed the memo they're hatchbacks

Old 03-08-2006, 12:29 PM
HCF Member

same motor as ex D16Z6. Welcome aboard Gary.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:39 PM

WELCOME! so the 5th gen SI's are the same engine specs as the EX but just a hatchback? what are ur plans so far for it?

Old 03-08-2006, 02:36 PM

$2800!

ORIGINAL: Little Black Hatch

Grats on finding what you were looking for! 94 black Si's rock... not that I'm biased or anything. May I ask how much you paid for it? Just outta curiosity...

Old 03-08-2006, 02:37 PM

There were actually 4th gen Si's too.

Think CRX with a back seat.

ORIGINAL: Remmy

Youve come to the right place. We are the anti rice and known for it. Strictly gear heads. We do get ricers once in awhile. We dont really flame them but they see that we dont do it their way and they dont stick around long...

For some reason I have never heard of a 5th gen Si... maybe I didnt get the memo.

Quick Reply: Not So new NOOB