New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

RealityCheck

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 06:18 AM
Default RealityCheck

Hi, all.

The name explains what I'm looking for, not so much what I have to offer the forum. As a total n00b to modern car systems (the last one I trusted myself to work on was a '76 Maverick) shrinkwrapped by the engine compartment, I'd like to get smart on these systems & their interconnections. My last bill from the dealership was plenty of incentive! That said, I hope I can ask the right "dumb question" sometimes, and thereby be helpful.

(No beef with my dealer--they've been great, but I need to do what I can to save money. My Civic's been a money pit this this year!)

I drive an '03 Hybrid, bone stock, and like it. I can admire mods & tweaks, plus the skills behind them, but am pretty much plain ol' steak and potatoes myself.

Cheers--

--RC

Old 06-07-2011, 08:37 AM

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you'll fit in nicely here. Pics of your ride(s)?

Old 06-07-2011, 10:57 AM

Thanks!

You want pics? It's just your basic, battered commuter car in rather dingy 'Shoreline Mist.' "Nothing to steal here, move along. This is not the haul you're looking for!"

We try to keep it beautiful under the hood, and only moderately cluttered inside. If only we could actually remember to take those eco-friendly shopping bags in with us....

I'll take a picture if you really want, but she's not eye-candy...just reliable. (Well--mostly, these days.)

Old 06-07-2011, 11:50 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum!
Just curious.. What kind of MPG do you actually get?

Old 06-08-2011, 08:15 AM

Around 37-39 intercity, the last I checked--but that's been awhile.

Someone told me the Civic Hybrid was optimized for hwy mpg. Since we do mostly local runs while school is out, I've taken it for granted we're in The Vigorous Inhalation Zone. I may need to look at that.

Last edited by RealityCheck; 06-08-2011 at 08:15 AM. Reason: apostrope AWOL