New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

serious about getting mods but dont have that much money

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 02:00 AM
Default serious about getting mods but dont have that much money

lets see...i have a 1996 honda civic ex supposidly the easiest car to customize right? well i know that, but i have no clue where to get what i need, or some things, i dont even know what i need. i have exhausts, intake, and air breather, probably does nothing im not really going for looks, more for power, cuz as you know the engine is tiny i love cars and i need speed the only problem is that i dont have a job, and my money is limited, so if anyone has any useful tips or any hookups please help -karlos email- karlos2169@gmail.com

Old 01-06-2005, 11:26 AM
Default RE: serious about getting mods but dont have that much money

get a job? money doesnt grow on trees, it doesnt even have to be a hard one. i personally work at a chinese place as a dishwasher for two nights a week so i can play with my car, if u want it, you can get it, thats how i see it.

Old 01-06-2005, 01:10 PM

[sm=angrymail.gif]Hes right get a job, or see if you can get a loan from the dole,you will get more than dish washer boy that way[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 01-06-2005, 07:21 PM

i would get a job, but no time still a high school student finals right around the corner and if at that i would need a very high paying job with a lot of free days, which is pretty much impossible. second of all, my tennis season is about to start, and plus homework, you know how that goes. on the other hand, my car is kind of my dads and i play car, he pays all the expenses while i get what i need so please let me know thanks

Old 01-06-2005, 08:28 PM

damn, i just graduated from high school, and HW wasnt really an issue back then (easily mainained a 3.0 while doing absolutely nothing). Just wait till college, then you'll see the real meaning of homework . Just get a weekend job or something. i used to work as a bus boy during weekends, and they payed $7.50 an hour, and i worked weekends (26hrs on average)

Old 01-06-2005, 09:38 PM

didnt realize u were a student athlete. it is hard to work, go to school, and play a sport. some people just cant do it, i couldnt either.

Old 01-06-2005, 10:09 PM

I don't know if you've ever seen those guys that hold the sign on the corner for new houses? Loosers hugh?!? I did that and started when I was 15! Only weekends like 11-5or6. I've been employed there for about a year and a half now. SUPER FLEXIBLE. I haven't called in to work for about 2-3 months now. Starting pay for me was $10 and hour plus an occasional 20 dollar bonus and paid lunches (30 min). If I worked for both days on two weekends, after taxes and all that crap I was raking in about 200-260 every two weeks. I just go for one day every now and then just to make sure I still have that option(job). I'm currently in high school and work at Santa Clarita Motorsports. It's dirtbike/atv/watercraft shop/sale/parts. After school 2-6 minimum wage but hey I love it. I use the weekend money for "play money"... Parts, tools, clothes, going out every now and then. You know me money. Maybe working as onw of those sign people will work for you! Next time yousee one just stop and . ask him for their bosses number. I'd give you mine, but I have to look for it. Here it is... It's called eventz extrordinaire. http://www.eventzx.com/ Number is (949)-460-0888 Good Luck!