New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

For those who are beginning a new pathway of import tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 06:12 AM
Default For those who are beginning a new pathway of import tuning

I just read another thread about how so many people here at HCF hate rice with such an abomination. The thread was started by a person who said that they didn't understand what "Rice" is. I would like to give everyone that is new to import tuning an enlightened piece of mind:
I recently read an article about a gentleman that purchased a 240SX ( I think it was an S13) and began working on his car by replacing all kinds of parts for performance. When it came time to decide what he was going to do with the engine, many of his fellow Nissan enthusiasts attempted to convince him to do the ever so popular SR20DET Engine swap. Going against what several of his friends suggested he do, this guy continued to work on his 240 by using the stock powerplant. (I believe the engine code is KA or something like that.) The point of this story is that this guy chose to do what he wanted to do. Not what everyone else told him he should. Not only was this guy's car an incredible machine, he was also the cover car and main article in this magazine!

What is the relationship to this post...

The term "Rice" I think was developed as a racially charged insult which was originally directed towards anyone that had a hooked up import vehicle. In present day usage I think it is being used to describe a disapproval of a modification. Simply put.

So what's the advice for newcomers?

Modify your car the way that you want to modify it; Even if someone else calls it "Ricey" and disapproves of your decision DO IT ANYWAYS! All that matters is the fact that you are happy with your car and what you've accomplished with it.

Remember, your car is a direct reflection of who you are as a person, well in my opinion anyway!

Old 09-04-2005, 06:36 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: For those who are beginning a new pathway of import tuning

Amen, brotha!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/3661/81034CA6F47F4059B54F346A241BB35F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3661/D25260FF6A224353A914C6B2416905BF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-04-2005, 02:07 PM
HCF Member

You guys have Altezzas and giant wings don't you?

Just kiddin'. I have Altezzas.

Simply put... rice is the representation of performance in the absence of it.

Old 09-04-2005, 04:27 PM

ORIGINAL: Street Sniper

You guys have Altezzas and giant wings don't you?

Just kiddin'. I have Altezzas.

Simply put... rice is the representation of performance in the absence of it.

Ha ha, I don't have altezzas, But I do have a Carbon Fiber Wing....Which is SWEET I might add.

Old 09-04-2005, 04:55 PM

I have Altezzas, they aren't exactly rice, yes some cars they look really bad on but I think with the silver paint that less red on the a$$ end looks better. oh well, oblah di oblah da!

Old 09-04-2005, 05:02 PM

i love my honda. it saves gas verses the others cars i own. and thanks to the other gen's of the civic. Delvon

Old 09-05-2005, 07:46 AM
HCF Member

wow, you just said that rice and racism are the same thing... also, there are so many rice threads going on that im going to help you all out by locking it. I'll leave it here for people to view, but in a few days it will go bye bye like the rest. Lost in the endlessness of old threads.

In my other forum there is about 1 rice thread a month. Here lately... there are like 3 a day. Seriously[:@]