New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

to turbo or supercharge, that is the question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 01:57 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: to turbo or supercharge, that is the question

What is that vehicle you have in your avitar? Is that a motorcycle or something? Really funny looking thing!

Old 03-01-2007, 01:52 PM
HCF Member

thats my trike.. i'm a biker at heart, but when my dad died, i inherited his ride.. its much more comfortable than my goldwing, and i can tow a larger camper trailer... so now im not limited to a tent, i can actually have airconditioning when i go camping...
what it is... its a 71 VW thats been cut up, and re-welded to make a 3 wheeled, street legal "motorcycle" registered vehicle.. 1600cc pancake stock engine, air ride front and rear, and a sterio.. yes i actually have working 12's in there... it carries about 10 gallons of gas,and i can go about 250 or so miles between fillups... the wife likes it cause its more comfortable for her(the original bug back seat is where the passenger sits)... its still a 4sp manual, and the throttle is right hand control like any other bike...

Old 03-01-2007, 01:59 PM
HCF Member

I hear the argument about the turbo not being as limited as a sc.. but i drove my buddies blown stang a few days ago and decided that i just dont need 400+whp in this small of a car... I'm still sticking to my goal of 200hp in my civic... and i really do only use my "power" when im taking off, i like to leave the line fast, but like i said before, once i get to around 80-85 i back out.. so massive high end power isnt that important to me.. i guess i'm really looking for more torque than hp.. since its the torque that really gets you of the line, and the hp is what makes you go fast on the top end...

ok, so what about all the "problems" that i've heard about with sc's on civics? belt alignment issues, and so on.. also, do these sc's require oil lines like a turbo? what about intercoolers.. will cooling the incomming boost and loosing a couple psi be better than runing hot boost? i know that colder intake temps make more power and are safer.. but is the added cost and trouble and loss of boost by using the intercooler worth it?

who is making a reliable affordablesc kit for the 97civic d16y8's?

i already have wheel hop issues now, and the car is basically stock.. how can i fix this?

Old 03-03-2007, 10:54 AM
HCF Member

whered everyone go?

Old 03-03-2007, 11:00 AM
HCF Member

Its a weekend.... sleep in