New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

uhhhhh Yello!

Old 07-17-2019, 08:01 AM
Default uhhhhh Yello!

Hello all,
Just joined the forums recently to get advice on civic things. I bought a 98 LX as a gas saver to prevent me from spending too much on gas for my truck every week (at the time, gas in Cali was 3.98 a gal.). It is 5 speed, non vtech but is in overall good shape. Was used as a tow behind for an RV for many years, which racked up the miles a bit, however the engine still looks brand new! I do not know too much about Honda's with motor swaps, series B, D, K but am just here to creep on the page and learn a bit about them, advice on issues I may have and maybe even buy a part or two. Looking forward to it all!

Chris.

Old 07-18-2019, 10:47 AM
Cat Fuсker

vtech used to be a cordless phone, what you're talking about is VTEC which sort of stands for Variable Valve Timing & Lift Electronic Control.

You have something that'll go forever and be cheap to fix forever as long as it doesn't rot. No reason to swap it either, great gas saver. Keep the brakes and wheel bearings serviced and enjoy life.

Old 07-20-2019, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by StifflersMom
vtech used to be a cordless phone, what you're talking about is VTEC which sort of stands for Variable Valve Timing & Lift Electronic Control.

You have something that'll go forever and be cheap to fix forever as long as it doesn't rot. No reason to swap it either, great gas saver. Keep the brakes and wheel bearings serviced and enjoy life.
Oh. My. God. You're back... The OP has no clue, nor will ever understand the magnitude of your posting in his thread... mainly because he hasn't signed on since creating his thread.

Old 07-23-2019, 06:40 AM
Cat Fuсker

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Oh. My. God. You're back... The OP has no clue, nor will ever understand the magnitude of your posting in his thread... mainly because he hasn't signed on since creating his thread.
I never left...

Old 07-24-2019, 04:10 PM

Well, if you posted more than once every other year I would notice! Your vow of silence lasted just under 2 years. 11-15-2017 to 07-18-2019 without a peep.

OP hasn't signed on here since posting. Sigh - was it like this back in the day?

Old 07-25-2019, 03:13 AM
Cat Fuсker

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99
Well, if you posted more than once every other year I would notice! Your vow of silence lasted just under 2 years. 11-15-2017 to 07-18-2019 without a peep.

OP hasn't signed on here since posting. Sigh - was it like this back in the day?
Of course it was like this in the new member section. I read regularly, but nothing warranted me posting. I just kept to the OG post ***** thread...