New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

VENTING FRUSTRATION!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Default RE: VENTING FRUSTRATION!!!

dude you got the stickyest rice on this forum...

lol jk

Old 02-15-2006, 02:42 PM

Well, there are some pretty dumb kids out there trying to mod their rides. I saw a Honda Civic EX last week with a third party really tall trunk spoiler bolted on it, BACKWARDS. If he ever does get up any speed, that rear end will be lifting up, not forced down.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:33 AM

ORIGINAL: VTEC02EX

Ok...technically im new to the whole tuner scene...just got into it last year, but I can honestly say I have more taste than some of the jokes around where I live.
To make it perfectly clear to all the people who are "all show no go"...please go somewhere else...The Fast and the Furious was a movie not a lifestyle...and to everyone on here who agrees with me please explain that to all those who live by that motto that they need to get their priorities in check...
To those who disagree with me...fine...your car may look cool with the giant wing and the body kit that scrapes over every speed bump, but its definitely not fast unless you do something productive...

(sorry to those offended...not meant in any disrespect...i just hope some of these so called "tuner" out here are on here and see this)
Realizing that you are new to the Import Scene you will be cut some slack. You have to realize that there are people who could care less how fast their car is and just want to put bodykit/rims/etc on it and cruise around. There are also those who build sleepers which in most cases are not visually appealing to the masses. However, individuality is what makes this hobby so great. Who are you to tell somebody to go somewhere else because they have a different outlook on the progress of their car? I have noticed a lot of this mentality on these forums, and a few other civic forums..It is very disheartening.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:38 AM
HCF Member

^ he was only making a statment and 99% of this forum would agree with it. We are the anti-rice.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: JDMAccord
It is very disheartening.
yeah, so is seeing a honda with a huge wing dragging its body kit everytime it hits a speed bump

We are all about "to each his own" but some of the stuff these kids do is just.....god aweful

Old 02-16-2006, 09:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Forty04

ORIGINAL: JDMAccord
It is very disheartening.
yeah, so is seeing a honda with a huge wing dragging its body kit everytime it hits a speed bump

We are all about "to each his own" but some of the stuff these kids do is just.....god aweful
Yes I agree 100% that some of the stuff is pretty bad, but to tell someone to go elsewhere because they are not 'All Go' is pretty off the wall.

Old 02-16-2006, 10:17 AM
HCF Member

I dont think he was serious about it. Like awhile back I made a comment saying "if nobody liked skittles they can get the hell out" I wasnt serious about it, more of a joke. Somebody even made that as a sig of theirs.

Old 02-16-2006, 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Remmy

I dont think he was serious about it. Like awhile back I made a comment saying "if nobody liked skittles they can get the hell out" I wasnt serious about it, more of a joke. Somebody even made that as a sig of theirs.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:25 AM
HCF Member

I see the point in kids going all show, I mean not all want a fast car and do get into it for the looks alone. Actually I would rather have these 16 year old kids running around with a wing and decals than a 250+whp turbo'd civic. I am about as far from rice or anything show you will ever see. Hell I would rather ride around in a car with steel wheels on it as apposed to 17 inch rims. When I had my sedan and it was boosted, I recirculated the wastegate and did a stealth install of my intercooler and piping behind wire mesh plus put a big *** heat sheild hanging over my mani/turbo. I am not a racer and I dont want others to come up on me like I am one on the street. But I hold no bad assumptions of those who dont want alot of power and are aimed at fixing their cars looks up and nothing else.

Rice or ricer is used to freely anymore IMO. Rice/ricer is a mentality or an attitude. The guy that rides around with 17's, a nicely done body kit, and a exhaust only is not a ricer IMO. The guy that runs around with 17's, a body kit, and a exhaust that thinks his car is god's gift to the road is a ricer.

Old 02-16-2006, 11:36 AM

md420,

That is exactly how I feel.

Quick Reply: VENTING FRUSTRATION!!!