New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

What up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 10:50 PM
HCF Member
Default What up?

Well, I finally got one. I have been wanting a civic for years and I ran across a sweet deal on a '94 EX and snatched it up. Now comes the fun part- modifying it until it screams for mercy. Unlike some, I dont' have an unlimited budget, so I'll be in here sponging off of everyone's expertise, looking for sweet deals, and printing out "how to's" so I can piece together the car that I have in my head.

I know everyone's first post asks those all important questions of, "What do I do first?", and "How much horsepower does this or that or my motor have?" Well, I'm no exception. I did some poking around and this is what I THINK I know. Please feel free to correct me and/or offer suggestions.

It's a '94 EX and has V-Tec on the valve cover. This makes it a B16Z6? Which would put it at ~125-130 HP stock, mid 8 sec 0-60, and mid 16's in the 1/4 mile. It had a long-*** intake pipe running down behind the passenger headlight but no filter. I got a filter but couldn't fit it back there so I took off one of the sections of pipe and now it looks like the pics that I've seen. I didn't have a muffler so I got a straight thru design on there. It sounds good. Considering the age of the motor, I would be lucky if these two paultry mods get it back to original HP.

I do understand that an engine is just a big air pump so I will be coveting the usual bolt-ons. Can someone put these in order for me? Intake manifold, bigger throttle body, headers, hi-flow cat. Are throttle body spacers worth it? Intercoolers? You guys let me know.

BTW- I have this spoiler for trade or sale.Spoiler

Holla.

Old 05-18-2005, 11:28 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What up?

man i have a 94 ex too......but its a D16 (i wish it were a b16)........u have to decide what u wanna do. You can easily spend 2000$ on some bolt ons (in time)........or just wait longer and get a turbo kit ........ebay has greddy kits for 1400 and theyll add 50 or so REAL horsepower. I decided to just wait and get the turbo kit as opposed to other bolt ons.......price iwll be the same and HP will be much greater with the turbo.

Old 05-19-2005, 06:00 PM
HCF Member

My bad, I guess it is a "D" series. I don't think there is even such a thing as a B16Z6. Like it says over there- I'm a newbie.

Old 05-30-2005, 02:46 PM

yeah B series is the way to go...