New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

What's up guys?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 05:29 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: What's up guys?

welcome to the forum!..i had alot of people have problem with VWs too iv heard, audis are soooo nice tho

Old 03-07-2006, 09:53 PM

Someone post a link to the vid of the guys pouring water and sugar in the oil cap of a d series and letting it run for hours ....

oh and welcome!

Old 03-07-2006, 10:00 PM
HCF Member

^ not sugar but water in the crank case. From what I recollect, no intake or exhaust weither. Its in the sights and sounds sections.

Old 03-07-2006, 10:03 PM
HCF Member

poor thing.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:07 PM
HCF Member

Holy shi...

Old 03-08-2006, 02:21 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: mxs

Yeah I've known at least 3 other people who had major problems with that generation of Jettas. Or just a ton of minor problems.

ORIGINAL: LORDofdaRINGS

ORIGINAL: adelleda

ive known people that have had nothing but problems with european cars and i know others that would drive nothing else.
<-----would drive nothing else
did you finally sell your civic?
no. civics gonna get a full susp. swap, carbon fiber body, and a new cam and supercharger while i wait for my s4. insted of financing the s4, im gonna finish saving up for it in full cash.

Old 03-08-2006, 04:51 PM
HCF Member

I went from a mustang to a civic.[&:] Welcome

Old 03-08-2006, 08:31 PM

Man, you don't EVEN want me to get started on my '91 corrado G60. Think about a car built completely around a leaky heater core and a supercharger that is one of (in my opinion) the worst designed superchargers on the planet. It actually almost overheated when I put it on the trailer after buying it.

In...friggin...sain.

I actually did the happy dance when I sold it. I almost would have paid someone to take it and all of it's heated-seat-power-speed-actuated-rear-spoiler glory.

I was a good idea with bad execution. They should have let Honda take over production after '89.

Oh yeah, WELCOME!

ORIGINAL: cloudbreakmd

Okay so heres the deal...

Bought car last year for $5600.00 with only 37,000 miles on it.

Failed MD inspection because it needed strut mounts and front rotors as well as a drivers side power miror. Fine... $700.00 later I'm on the road.
And I now discover what that wierd clicking noise is in reverse... that would be a chipped reverse gear for non-Vdubbers.

A month later the window regulator broke... $65.00 later back on the road.

Then the muffler falls off a few months ago, so I upgrade to the Eurosport catback... $350.00 later back on the road.

Then the car decides on cold days it doesn't like to go into second. So a shift kit and gear oil change are done followed by advice from my VW shop that they can't change the oil because Jiffy Lube (I hate that damn place) stripped my my oil plug. Estimate of $150 for the pan in parts plus labor. So instead...$300.00 later for the other work I was in for and I am back on the road.

Forward to last week or so and the car decides it wants to be a swimming pool every time it rains. Both in the trunk and the drivers floor. And second gear grinding and trouble getting it into gear reappear... This week as I am pulling into parking spots sharply there is a grinding/popping nosie comming from the front end. The disc changer decides to go Kamakazi on me and clicks and makes horible noises as I am walking into my house for the night (yes the car was off).

So I run an ad for my VW with 48,000 miles on it and get a bite. I lowered the fair sale price by $1600.00 just to get rid of it... The guy looks the car over and says "I'll give you $4600.00, I laugh and say goodbye. But he keeps talking and we agree to $4900.00

Go to deliver the car today and on the way everything is fine. Then the CEL (check engine light) pops on... I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...

Turns out he is a stealer (ofcourse he doesnt tell me until he thinks he's closed me)... No guilt, no VW, no more...

This a link to the actual dealer who has it up for sale now. That is my evil V-dub.

http://www.tradeexpressinc.com/inventory.htm

By the way don't get me wrong... I liked the way the car looked and rode. It was just way to expensive to upkeep, and I have never had so many problems with one car...
On page 4 of inventory.

Old 03-10-2006, 04:43 PM
HCF Member

Thank you all for the welcome.

Old 03-10-2006, 06:55 PM
HCF Member

i traded in my VW for a HONDA too ---also worked in a VW dealership for about 3 yrs ----boy did we have work !

oh yeah ---WELCOME

Quick Reply: What's up guys?