New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Whatup

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Default Whatup

So I haven't posted on any forums since i was like 14 so I decided this was a productive and useful forum to start doing so on. I live in washington and recently got a 01 dx civic, completely stock 5 speed. I put some rims on it, got a new deck and put my system in it but other than that I know pretty close to nothing about working on cars let alone anything under the hood. Since I stopped doing drugs and such I'm looking to dump my money into more productive things (this car) I feel it's much better for me and I would actually have something to show for it. So I guess I'm posting to kind of get kind of a basis for these forums and any simple suggestions to help start me out. Thanks.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:30 PM
HCF Member

Pictures. Uh an 01

Old 02-16-2009, 10:49 PM

Ill post pictures tomorrow, oh my bad didn't mean to offend with my use of poor grammar.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:29 PM
HCF Member

welcome to HCF. first thing i would invest in is security system. maybe get a 2 way paging system with a couple extra sensors and maybe add a custom kill switch. IMO 01 civic are not the best platform to do any serious engine mods

Old 02-17-2009, 03:13 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum and Congrats on staying clean. Modifying cars is a good way to pre-occoupy your self and keep your mind off it. There are a few people on here that are doing exactly what your doing to stay away from drugs. Good choice and keep up the good work. Any thing you need help with doing stuff to your car, there are a ton of people willing to help out and point you in the right direction.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:58 AM

Why is the 01 a bad platform for any form of engine mod? too bulky? not enough room under the hood?

Old 02-17-2009, 04:44 PM

Heres some pictures, stock as hell.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:57 PM
HCF Member

Not a bad platform to start off. I'd say some springs, a front lip and a ABS grill would be good. Wheels are nice.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:05 PM
HCF Member

no worry the 01 is not a bad car, it's just the aftermarket support is not as good as the previous models. car looks good, like the rims on your car but you can use a drop, IMO wheel gaps look ugly. lol.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:19 PM

haha yeah for sure, I wanna drop it, and paint the lips white because the rims are curbed a bit from the previous owner's dumb skills at driving a corrado. not bad for 140$ though at all. Where could I find a good grill for a decent price? You think it'd look like crap if i smoked the tail lights or something? Should I wait to get some new shocks or just chop the springs like a tweaker? Hahaha I wanna do a lot to this car, I just don't know where or how to go about starting it really... I really wanna do most of the mods and things like that myself so I can actually learn a thing or two. Any suggestions or tips/help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Thizznation; 02-17-2009 at 10:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Whatup