HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/)
-   -   Edelbrock turbo in T-minus 6 months!!! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/edelbrock-turbo-t-minus-6-months-58598/)

00IntegraLS 01-09-2008 12:09 PM

Edelbrock turbo in T-minus 6 months!!!

OK theres no way in heck Id be able to install a turbo myself, so I found this place near my house and they are only charging $1,000-1200 to install it, I called another place to compare and they charge $2,200!!
I'm getting an Edelbrock, 50-state legal, turbo kit with BOV, intercooler, everything!!! its gonna cost me $5,500. for EVERYTHING. Thats totally in my budget. He said I'd be getting 240 hp at the crank after its done, and 170 at the wheels. (assuming everything is completely stock and i run it at the factory levels) I think thats damn good, adding 100 hp at the crank and 30 to the wheels for 5500. Let me know what you think about everything. I know a lot of you are gona say its overpriced, but, its worth it to me. What do you think about Edelbrock?

Pete 01-09-2008 12:25 PM

RE: Edelbrock turbo in T-minus 6 months!!!

Great turbo kit, but its not too hard to install. 1200$ is pricey for a turbo install.

00IntegraLS 01-09-2008 01:37 PM

yea but i know nothing about it. i dont even know how to change my oil, breaks, whatever.... the only thing i know how to do on my car is install an intake....lol, so i best leave it to the pros...you think 1200 is pricey, that one shop charges 2200.

stlhondas 01-09-2008 02:40 PM

Not to be rude or anything, if you cant change your own oil or anything of that sort... why would you turbo your car? Once you turbo charge the engine more and more maitnence is going to be needed.. Just my two cents

gsumano 01-09-2008 03:39 PM

The edelbrock turbo is a great kit and is very easy to installed (I have the d series kit). It comes with everthing you need and the instructions are easy to follow (except when wiring the piggypack, that part was poorly written. But, if you just sit down and read it carefully you should be able figure it out). The hardest part i experience during the installation was doing the wiring since only because my kit was an used one and it had wires missing.

oh, 1,200 is way too pricey, I say you shuldn't pay more than 300 to get it installed since is not that hard.

I still recommend that you installed it yourself because it would give you a better understanding how it works.

Here are the instructions how to installed your kit.
http://edelbrock.com/automotive_new/.../1000/1510.pdf

00IntegraLS 01-09-2008 11:29 PM

i appreciate the input guys, but I really wouldnt trust myself in doing something like this, i definately have an extra grand laying around that i can pay someone to do it for me.
ALSO
1) I dont have access to a lift, though probably not necessary i dont want to be working on jackstands.
2) I dont have a place where I can leave it while its being worked on, at college all I have is a parking lot for my appartment (obviously wouldnt work), at home we have a 2 car garage and 4 cars, so my car gets parked outside at night then moved onto street when parents go to work.
3) I would feel much more confident in having a shop do it that has done many kits before and get a warranty.

kokasian 01-10-2008 08:17 AM

in 6 months you can find a place to work on your car and read up on how to install the kit. 1200 is rediculous for an install

Pete 01-10-2008 09:05 AM

It shouldnt take a pro more than 10 hours to install that kit. At 1200$ hes making 120$ per hour! Most ASE techs make 60-70$ an hour......so $6-700 for the labor seems feasable....not 1200.

jhsplaya08 01-10-2008 07:02 PM

that means....call more places. lol thats too much man. for another grand u could get some cams, intake manifold, etc/

95civic1.6l 01-10-2008 08:13 PM

or just ask someone on here to do it and pay them lol. jk.