Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

gimme' Some Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 08:44 PM
Default gimme' Some Help

Ok heres the deal...I have a 2005 Civic Lx...1.7L, NO VTEC...I know iam just as upset as you are to hear that...But heres what i want to know...What is the mandatory modifications that you need/have to do to an automatic...I know ifi dont say this, everyone is gonna just tell me to get an engine swap or get a manual with vtec...But lets just leave it at what i have...What is everyone one should to an A/T vehicle to make it almost as fast as you can...BUT not turbo or superchargers or none of those expen$ive products...Im talking about all your major bolt ons and maybe internals...Just let me know, im in the process and have done a few minor things but i just want to know what you guys would do to customize this car if you were me...and engine swaps, new cars, and turbo are out of the picture...Thanks guys

Old 01-18-2006, 08:46 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: gimme' Some Help

build it high comp.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:54 PM

Whats done so far...

Eibach Prokit Springs
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
AEM Short Ram
Konig 17' wheels
Toyo Proxes 4 Tires
Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust
Headers are soon to come(most likely DC Sports)

Thats it for "performance wise" mods...Im only 17 and make almost no money so it takes me a little time to get my stuff done but im working on it

Old 01-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Recognized HCF Member

high compression, and a built head to match

Old 01-18-2006, 08:56 PM
HCF Member

The main thing is take your time modding and do it right the first time. You got a good start. After you get your header you can start on the inside with high comp pistons all that good stuff.

Old 01-18-2006, 08:58 PM

Awsome...Thanks dude...How much do pistons range around, and do they offer and hp or they mainly just to make a stronger engine?

Old 01-18-2006, 08:58 PM
HCF Member

The motors gonna have to be taken apart for you to get any real gains. A turbo or supercharger could give you gains without taking the motor apart, but when your trying to go for NA there isn't much you can do from the outside. Take the motor apart, put in high compression pistons and forged connecting rods maybe some cylinder sleeves. Get the head port and polished. Get new valves, springs, and retainers. Then get new cams, something with a higher duration and a more aggressive valve grind. And you have a D series, non-vtec like myself. Maybe you should look into doing a mini-me, which is where you put a VTEC head on a non-vtec car, there is a DIY somewhere on here.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:00 PM

How much would putting a vtec head on cost, not installation but the parts themselves?

Old 01-18-2006, 09:02 PM
HCF Member

i know you said rule out turbos, but why? I could piece you a kit that would cost less than all the stuff you have on your car now. Seriously, were talkin under $1,000. A good DC header is goin to run you 300$.........and then other BS bolt on stuff is going to add up verrry quickly......

[sm=gears.gif][sm=goodidea.gif]

I say boost

Old 01-18-2006, 09:03 PM
HCF Member

Not a whole lot if you shop around I got my head for a $100 Then another $100 for a vtec ecu.

Quick Reply: gimme' Some Help