Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Greddy TD04H-15G Turbo Kit for 95EX

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 12:01 AM
Default Greddy TD04H-15G Turbo Kit for 95EX

What type of HP gain does one expect to run from this kit? And with the stock muffler? Yeah, you read right LOL.

I'm thinking of installing it in my little sister's 95 EX SOHC with 100k miles on it to give it a little bit of pep. I really don't want to waste a whole lot of money on it, but I figured for only $1,500, it will make the Civic feel totally different and keep her going at least until she graduates from college.

Ok, so let's say everyone here decides I am a complete nut for wanting a turbo kit and still having the stock muffler. What is the absolute QUIETEST aftermarket catback one can buy? I need this thing to be the world's biggest sleeper. I don't even want to run an IC because I know people will see it.

And if anyone has any idea to what new numbers it will give (0-60 & top speed), I'm curious to know. It's kinda sad this civic hardly reaches 100mph LOL.

k thx

Old 01-26-2007, 12:08 AM
Default RE: Greddy TD04H-15G Turbo Kit for 95EX

How much boost are you running?

Trim?

Tune?

So many questions need to be answered before anyone can give you any idea of what numbers you will reach?

Old 01-26-2007, 12:18 AM
HCF Member

ummm please run an ic....if you really care you could always paint it to keep it stealthy or mayb run some sort of top mount ic

Old 01-26-2007, 12:25 AM

How much boost am I runnning? I can't even find what boost this kit is set at! I have on clue LOL.
I just want to slap it on and let it go. I have no plans to up the boost over what Greddy has it set at, but I think it is set for 5lbs. No I'm not going to stick it on a dyno. No I'm not taking it to a track.

Hehe...NO IC. I don't need her Civic to scream out "Come steal me" in this city. Come on. Just a few lbs won't hurt

Old 01-26-2007, 09:10 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: Flybye

How much boost am I runnning? I can't even find what boost this kit is set at! I have on clue LOL.
I just want to slap it on and let it go. I have no plans to up the boost over what Greddy has it set at, but I think it is set for 5lbs. No I'm not going to stick it on a dyno. No I'm not taking it to a track.

Hehe...NO IC. I don't need her Civic to scream out "Come steal me" in this city. Come on. Just a few lbs won't hurt
Instead it can say "OMG heat enduced detonation." Good plan Just run a SMIC if you're that worried about it.

"just slap it on" is a figure of speech that should NEVER be used when discussing boost. But, go right ahead and half *** it if you want, keep us posted on how she runs.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:49 AM

id skip the turbo

Old 01-26-2007, 04:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Forty04.....
Instead it can say "OMG heat enduced detonation." Good plan Just run a SMIC if you're that worried about it.

"just slap it on" is a figure of speech that should NEVER be used when discussing boost. But, go right ahead and half *** it if you want, keep us posted on how she runs.
Hey Greddy put the kit together. Not I. They are the ones claiming an IC is "optional."

But you're right. Today I was even thinking of all the heat and was thinking of where I could possibly put a tiny IC with a fan on it in the engine bay. It kinda surprises me the amount of space it has in there.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:26 PM
HCF Member

It's kinda sad this civic hardly reaches 100mph LOL.
No thats not true at all. If the car is a 95 Civic EX then it has a D16Z6 which produces roughly 125 HP. I own a 1993 Civic EX with the same motor and 50,000 more miles and I have no trouble reaching 100 MPH. I have been to 125 and its pretty stock.

And there is no "plug and play" with turbo kits. You have to tune it. You will also want an intercooler. And yes Greddy put the kit together without and IC and you can run without it, but you really should get one. And I would suggest getting an aftermarket cat-back. You wouldnt want to choke your car with all the extra power from the turbo. And im pretty sure most turbo kits are set at about 7-8 lbs but if its 5 lbs of boost then dont even bother. The D16Z6 will handle 8 lbs easily and with a good tune you could be pushing 200 HP out of your sisters car. But thats almost pushing it on a D16 which is said to only be able to handle around 200 HP.

And why the hell would you spend all this money on your sister's car? Why not put this thing on your own? You could buy me a turbo kit!

Old 01-26-2007, 04:29 PM
HCF Member

Cheap out and kaboom.

Old 01-26-2007, 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: cbaber.....And why the hell would you spend all this money on your sister's car? Why not put this thing on your own? You could buy me a turbo kit!
Because my Infiniti J30 is decent enough for a daily driver, and Lord knows I don't need to pump more money into my 93 RX-7

Yes, I come from a world of boost, too. So then why do I want to skimp out on my sister's car? Because my thoughts are of something that is a quick bolt on needing minimal mods and/or tuning and minimal amount of fabrication. I really don't want to waste a lot of time on her car, and I don't want to turn it into a full blown 3 month tuning session. Thus, I was looking at this kit in hopes of getting a bit more HP as opposed to the simple mods of a catback, intake, headers, ECU, etc. I figured just a few hours worth of work and she can instantly get another 30-50hp and I'd be done with it. But now it seems its just going to turn into another project LOL.

Yeah....Cheap out and Kaboom is pretty accurate. And now you know why I set my Power FC in my RX-7 to continue to dump fuel after I let off the throttle to prevent leaning out. Nevermind the fact that all the unburned fuel tends to make pretty fireworks after it exits my rotary exhaust and reaches atmosphere. Yeah, I would imagine I'd end up hooking up the Civic's O2 sensor to my voltimeter to make sure its not leaning out. Sure, its no wideband, but its better than nothing.

Quick Reply: Greddy TD04H-15G Turbo Kit for 95EX