Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Is it hard to install a turbo????????? other turbo noob questions help plz

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Default Is it hard to install a turbo????????? other turbo noob questions help plz

Im not a mechanic, but i want to get a turbo, are they hard to install, which one should i get, how much should I spend and any other info, thanks
By the way I have a 2002 civic lx 4dr

Old 10-28-2006, 10:28 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Is it hard to install a turbo????????? other turbo noob questions help plz

They are hard to install, especially if you dont know what you are doing. I strongly suggest you take a walk around the forum and read up on turbos.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:34 AM
Default RE: Is it hard to install a turbo????????? other turbo noob questions help plz

ok

Old 10-28-2006, 12:56 PM
HCF Member

I got an 04 lx sedan and the more I lean towards a turbo, the more scared i am of it... it really is a mechanic-worthy job because you're dealing with the removal of just about everything in front and below your car.... oil leaks, compression trouble... not to mention that if you screw up the 2 grand you put into it will be wasted.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:19 PM
HCF Member

I'm nervous about putting my turbo in too but sometimes you just got to take a gamble.

Old 10-28-2006, 01:21 PM
HCF Member

get a mechanically-inclined friend to help you.

i would never try to pull off putting on a turbo myself.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:40 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

ORIGINAL: drbyers
i would never try to pull off putting on a turbo myself.
I would, now that I've been through the process with help from guys who knew what they were doing. But, yes, it is a pretty difficult install and I wouldnt suggest DIY'ing it to just any noob. That's why we preach 24/7 about researching and learning as much about the process as you can before hand. Then, get a couple guys who had done it before, feed them and buy 'em a few beers, and let them show you the way.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:31 PM

I didn't find my turbo install hard, but it does help if you can fabricate or have friends who can.

However, this is coming from someone who owns a Civic full of aftermarket support, D17s aren't very tune happy.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:22 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

not to mention you had access to a lift [:@]

<---jealous

Old 10-30-2006, 01:48 PM
HCF Member

when turboed, would the car still good as a daily driver or just for track used?

Quick Reply: Is it hard to install a turbo????????? other turbo noob questions help plz