Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

How much BOOST with DARTON sleeves, Eagle C-Rods, Eagle Crank & JE Compressed Pistons??

Old 06-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Default How much BOOST with DARTON sleeves, Eagle C-Rods, Eagle Crank & JE Compressed Pistons??

Hi,

how much boost psi can i run on the B16a with :

Darton Sleeves

JE Compressed Pistons

Eagle Con - Rod

Eagle Crank.....

Wat is the MAX i can go and what is the Safest I shud go till.... Or how much PSI can I go utpo....

Old 06-20-2006, 11:15 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: How much BOOST with DARTON sleeves, Eagle C-Rods, Eagle Crank & JE Compressed Pistons??

depends on the length of the rods and the top of the piston. if you're running say a 9.0:1 compression ratio or a 9.5:1 id think you'd be good up to 20psi and probably beyond...but it also depends on the turbo you use and the tune.

Old 06-21-2006, 03:23 AM
Default RE: How much BOOST with DARTON sleeves, Eagle C-Rods, Eagle Crank & JE Compressed Pistons??

So wht if the length of the c-rods are OEM length only a after market light weight....

is it better is the length more than oem or shorter than oem...

wat is a good ratio to go with ..... t3 ball bearing turbo... and wat psi shud i stay at not to damage the engine... i want my ride to live for years... dont wanna harm it...

Old 06-21-2006, 11:21 AM
HCF Member

A more important question than how many PSI is how much HP can it take. Different turbos might have the same PSI but push different volumes of air and will make different amounts of power. Instead of darton sleeves, have you looked into AEBS sleeves? They are suppose to be bomb proof.

Old 06-21-2006, 11:48 AM
HCF Member

AEBS are spun casted (proper term for past tense?). means they spin the cylinders at high velocity so the densest metals are forced to the outside and the less dense ones are held inside. then they drill them out. so its basically the toughest of the best steel around.

edit: oh yeah...theyve been safely tested to 60 psi.

Old 06-21-2006, 06:02 PM
HCF Member

What turbo?

PSI is such a overrated term just thrown out there

Old 06-21-2006, 06:17 PM
HCF Member

well the company itself claims its tested to 55 psi...but ive seen an article of some small tuner shop in cali who tested them to 60psi on a T3 of some kind...not sure on the exact trim..

Old 06-21-2006, 06:54 PM
Recognized HCF Member

^^^that must of been one huge t3 compressor..cold side

Old 06-21-2006, 07:50 PM
HCF Member

idk maybe i pulled that out of my butt...but thats what i remember. its in a book back in michigan. i'll check that when i get back home and tell you.

Old 06-21-2006, 08:04 PM
HCF Member

Its only 5 PSI and i doubt that there is gonna be any1 around here is gonna be running 60PSI.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much BOOST with DARTON sleeves, Eagle C-Rods, Eagle Crank & JE Compressed Pistons??