HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/)
-   -   Just bought 2000 Honda Civix EX 2dr and want to turbo (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/just-bought-2000-honda-civix-ex-2dr-want-turbo-4825/)

Rweasel6 04-20-2005 11:33 AM

Just bought 2000 Honda Civix EX 2dr and want to turbo

Ok so I just bought a 2000 Honda Civic EX 2dr. I want to get more power out of it but Im not lookin for a ton. Just enough to have fun around town with and to commute to and from work. I was thinkin of goin with a turbo but I want to retain reliability. I also dont want to have to start upgrading everything on the motor to make it work. Now I understand you should upgrade certain parts but I would like to just add some horse at a reasonable cost. Will a turbo give me what im lookin for?. Honda is bone stock right now but Im going to upgrade to cat back exhaust and suspension parts as well as tires and rims. Just want to know if turbo is the way to go here for me and any input from people would be great. Im used to do doing work to chevy engines since I have an 04 tahoe but this is my first honda so Im doin all the studying I can.
Thanks

Nail I3unny 04-20-2005 08:05 PM

RE: Just bought 2000 Honda Civix EX 2dr and want to turbo

yay on your civic selection, kudos to you *applause*

a turbo will give u a ton of HP cheap, but if u want to run more than 6psi u shud upgrade ur internals

ur also gunna wanna get a good exhaust system and a good intake

Dickie 04-25-2005 12:11 PM

if your thinking about getting a turbo, dont go out and buy a cat back, you'll need a turbo exhaust thats a bit bigger, basically dont waste money

Rweasel6 04-25-2005 03:56 PM

Well this might suck. Hehe I just bought a magnaflow catback system for it thinking thats what I would need. Also I dont want to boost a lot of PSI cuz im leaving the stock internals. Will it still work?

se7ensectoolate 04-25-2005 07:01 PM

Of course, it will still work. You just won't be making as much power as if you had done it the right way.

jdmekb16 04-25-2005 08:28 PM

yes, after several half started projects, only to change my mind, know what you want to do and then do it. i.e. with my 00 si, i wanted to go all motor, so i bought a b18c1 (i dont want to hear anything because i did not get a c5, i was young and stupid! lol) anyways, bought n/a cams, n/a pistons that raised the comp, etc., and then after spending money on intake, cams, pistons, rods, gaskets, bearings, flywheel, clutch, exhaust and HEADER (not headers), i decided to boost the b16. this = major pain in the ass/wallet. know what you want, and do it right!

Rweasel6 04-26-2005 10:49 AM

So what is an actual Turbo Exhaust system? I mean who makes it and what brands are good?

Nail I3unny 04-27-2005 04:43 PM

the GReddy Evo TT is their turbo model (TT means Turbo Tuned)

not sure about other brands...GReddy is the only company ive really looked at (dont kill me!!!)