Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Nitrous question!

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 07:13 AM
Default Nitrous question!

Hey there guys, i have a 98 honda civic LX D16y7 engine, i live in Brazil, i use this car as a daily drive, i wanted to get a little power out of it, i read a couple of threads and i came to a conclusion that my best bet to get the best performance out of it was to do an engine swap to a B-series or turbo charge it, but down here in Brazil is very rare to find a B-series engine, and the people that have it for sale they are asking around $10 thousand dollars...sooo theres no way i am going to pay that much money for an engine, i thought about importing from the U.S. BUT i found out that we can not import any used car or parts, soo it left me with the turbo option, BUT lol... here in my city the cops are really annoying with hooked up cars, i am gonna need to get my car approved by authorities to convert it to turbo, is a real pain, so even tho this are the 2 best options i decided to go with de Mini-ME conversion since i can get a D16y8 head easy down here, and i was thinking of using nitrous with it, since is not a turbo i am not gonna need to change anything in my cars tittle, i don't really want to make it the fastest car ever or anything like that, i just want a little power in a very very safe range, i read that anything from 35 to 55 shot it would be a safe range to use it with a stock engine, can you guys confirm that for me, and give me a little light on what extra's should i buy. thank you very much!

Old 10-23-2012, 08:36 AM

Thats odd you would have to title your car differently if you put a turbocharger on it.

Nitrous is a completely different animal. Yes, you can spray a 50 shot on the motor, but you better start looking at how to tune nitrous in properly so you don't blow anything up. I am a noob to nitrous, and I dont ever plan on putting it in my car.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:23 PM

YO thank you cvcrcr99 for the reply, yeah brow they are pretty strict down here, if your car doesn't say "turbo" on your cars tittle they will tow it, unless you give it up some $$$ if you know what i mean, but screw that, i never give those guys anything, i prefer doing everything legally, even if you mess around with the suspension they can tow it if you didn't get a permission to do it, and those guys really like stoping people when they see you did something because thats one of the ways they try to make some extra $$$ , anyways, i thought it was going to be easier, just buy a kit, hook it up and thats it, but the more i read i find more complex things to it, like fuel regulators, rec limiters etc. omg, i am going to do a little more research and see whats the best way to do it, going to check with the authorities what i really need to turbo charge it, lets stick to the mini-me first, lol , but anyways thank you brow!