HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/)
-   -   Pics of the turbo project (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/pics-turbo-project-41418/)

gsumano 04-02-2007 01:27 PM

RE: Pics of the turbo project

[sm=redx.gif]

red2000Si 04-02-2007 05:08 PM

[blockquote]quote:

ORIGINAL: dfdon

dude...where should i start...stock injectors? stock ECU!? U better get a p28 and convert and then get it tuned and hope your motor is ok
[/blockquote]
Can someone please explain how in the world I could possibly do any damage to my motor shifting at partial throttle at 3k on stock fuel management?? My motor hasnt even seen boost. If youknow anything aboutboost you cant possibly tell me that I could damage my motor. By driving like a grandma Im pushing my injectorsto 70% duty cycle at mostmaking it impossible for me to lean out and cause enging damage. And I do have an appointment to get tuned this coming friday so we'll see what kind of power it will make. Im hoping for 220whp but we'll see.

dfdon 04-02-2007 05:27 PM

im not saying your motor is all ****ed up now im just saying their is no way you should be driving it at this point...and im saying if you do creep into boost its not going to be good

Fiasco 04-02-2007 05:39 PM

youll be fine. But get to the dyno for real

red2000Si 04-02-2007 05:43 PM

Oh I know it wont be good. My turbo wont even spool until almost 3k and thats at WOT. Ive had 90 year old ladies get pissed off andgo around me because I accelarate too slowly for them. I just have to have some means of transportation to get toschool for the time being and Im not about to get crazy with no management and blow up my motor. This friday I wont have to worry about it anymore though.

dfdon 04-03-2007 06:48 PM

well thats good to hear hope all works out awsome

sway2003 04-03-2007 07:09 PM

can't wait to see the final figures. who are you having tune it, and with what program. Also, what size turbo did you go with, cuz you should definately get way more than 220 if you have a decent size turbo. I hope to see you soon on the mean streets of Jax, haha.

johnny 04-03-2007 09:59 PM

Nice pics, Just stay out of boost, Your still dangerous.

red2000Si 04-03-2007 11:32 PM

Well I actually took the BOV off yesterday to relieve boostjust to be extra safe and put a screen filter over the flange hole to keep crap out of the intake. Im going to run a compresion check on the motor and put inone step colderspark plugs tomorrow so I'll be all ready for the tune on friday. And sway I have a greddy 18g which is a pretty decent size turbo (bigger than its given cradit for) but at only 7-8 pounds I dont expect more than 220-230whp. Im taking it down to orlando to central florida turbofor the tune and I will be using chrome for management. Wedefinately need to meet up sometime after Im tuned. Theres not a whole lot of boosted hondas running around jax at all.

riceburner700 04-04-2007 08:15 AM

thats a good shop you wont be dissapointed