Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

the time has finally come...im getting BOOST! but how should it get tuned?

Old 09-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Default the time has finally come...im getting BOOST! but how should it get tuned?

Ok, so i'm picking up a turbo kit this weekend with all the grits and fixins for close to the tune of a grand. anyway, its just the hardware and nothing to tune with. now, i hear the best way to go is to get a chipped ecu and get have tuned with crome. is that true and if so where do i find the resources to do that because i'm clueless on where to start. or else could i go the e-manage or afc route, which i hear would just be screwing myself over. any one have any helpful hints?

p.s. its a '97 EX d16y8

Old 09-07-2007, 04:50 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default RE: the time has finally come...im getting BOOST! but how should it get tuned?

no emanage, no hacks/afcs

Pick yourself up a chipped p28 (or a converted p06), and an OBD2a - OBD1 conversion harness. Harness you can get for around $75 through Rywire.com. ECUs you can get from stealthmode.com, or you can usually find used ones on homemadeturbo.com, turbod16.com, honda-tech, ebay, etc..

Also, might be a good idea to call around to local shops and see if anyone Dyno tunes, and what they're preferred program is. That will help determine what to have the ecu chipped with.

Hit me up on AIM if you need a second opinion on anything. And get ahold of me before you buy the ecu, as I *might* be able to have the guy who did mine hook you up. Thats a big maybe though

Old 09-08-2007, 02:32 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: the time has finally come...im getting BOOST! but how should it get tuned?

heh, mossy im getting tuned by rs motors down in burnsville in a couple months, soon as i swap in my built d16 head and block...

get a p28 chipped ecu from phearable.net they prety much throw you a sweet basemap that will get you to your tuner with EASE, you could even boost a little if you have an air / fuel gauge that will let you know if sometihngs a little off.

im down in the burnsville area on weekends and up near forest lake on weekdays.. so if you need any advice or any help with your install send me a PM and ill give you a call and maybe stop by.