Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Tuned

Old 03-22-2009, 01:00 PM
HCF Member
Default Tuned

Well, yeah, i'm tuned. CornBredTuning in Lafayette, IN. Towed it down there, did 3 hours of street tuning, running great. I got a little boost creep, but i've got an electronic boost cut at 9.5 PSI, 4700 2-step launch, shift light, rev limiter, and overall it was great.

My Tial Knock-off BOV is surging quite a bit, i'm working on cutting hte spring/finding a new one now, and also my IACV went bad so my idle is going crazy, but replace the IACV and get a nice new BOV and i guess i should be good.

Boost is fun except i keep blowing couplers evenw ith the t-bolts, but i'm going to hair-spray it soon. Probably have a video up once i get my BOV working well.

I also haven't been leaking a DRIP of oil in months, and a few days before my tune i started leaking from either my main seal or cam seal.....thas always fun. Ugh Andy (my tuner) mentioned the "tuners curse" of something alwasy going wrong before the tune and i agree haha seemed like a lot of things went wrong right before the tune, but it worked out in the end.
Woop! Been a long time coming

Last edited by FlipHKD720; 03-22-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:45 PM
HCF Member

glad to hear it
I've only blown 1 coupler in a year of boosting 9psi on my old turbo/engine setup, maybe you need longer ones or smaller t-clamps that can clamp tighter.
Looking forward to the video as well.
I'm getting tuned in boost in about two weeks after I get my new clutch in, I just ordered an ACT w/ heavy duty pressure plate + 6 puck sprung race disc

Old 03-23-2009, 09:57 AM
HCF Member

nice, yeah i asked about my clutch and he said i baby my car/tranny more than ANYONE he's ever tuned, meaning i keep my RPMs lower than anybody and if i drive it like i normally do, my clutch will be just fine, which is a good feeling. I revved my car higher than i EVER have during the tune, it made the hair on the back of my neck stand up hearing my little y7 rev that high, but it boosted (pun intended) my confidence knowing how i drive it on a daily basis.

I cut the spring on my BOV and i'm still surging, i'm thinking about just getting a legit GReddy one instead of dicking with this Tial knock-off more and more.

Also my radiator is all f*cked up still, this is very frustrating and i think its my thermostat actually. Ugh. And i can't find an IACV for cheap anywhere, but oh well, at least i'm tuned

Old 03-23-2009, 10:08 AM
HCF Member

Sounds good man, glad to hear your almost ready for the summer.

Cant wait to see some official dyno numbers, what you think you pushing now?

Old 03-23-2009, 10:21 AM
HCF Member

he said at least 200, but prolly 180 or so to the wheels, and i'm fine with that

Old 03-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Snail'n Admin

Im raising the BS flag

Old 03-23-2009, 02:01 PM
HCF Member

you're a jack ***

Old 03-23-2009, 06:29 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by GReddy_Civic
Im raising the BS flag
ummm are you serious? My d15b made 200whp with a 14b at exactly 9psi on stock internals, probably nearly identical setup to his...

Old 03-23-2009, 09:39 PM
Angry Admin

Originally Posted by bcrichguitars
ummm are you serious? My d15b made 200whp with a 14b at exactly 9psi on stock internals, probably nearly identical setup to his...
its a joke lol flip has been untuned for like a yr i think Trent is calling bs on the tune itself not hp numbers

Old 03-23-2009, 10:05 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by jprommel
its a joke lol flip has been untuned for like a yr i think Trent is calling bs on the tune itself not hp numbers
lol oh i misundersood, my bad

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tuned