HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/)
-   -   WTF is wrong with my turbo timer? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/nitrous-super-chargers-turbos-13/wtf-wrong-my-turbo-timer-75115/)

FlipHKD720 04-27-2009 10:30 AM

WTF is wrong with my turbo timer?

So i have a GReddy Full Auto Turbo Timer, installed it myself using the DIY from HomeMadeTurbo, as far as i can tell everything is hooked up correctly. Its getting an accurate reading of battery volts and speed, powers up/shuts off how it should. I have the idle set at a 30 seconds automatically when i start my car, but every other time (or so) when i turn my car on and i drive around, the time gradually counts up, starting at 30, and i can find no difference in the times when it just stays at 30 seconds the whole time and the other time when it continaully adds time to my idle. Sometimes it does it, other times it doesnt, and when it does its really inconvenient driving 10-15 minute when its counting up the entire time, giving me a 2 - 3 minute idle. I can fix it just by powering it off while i'm driving, then powering it up when i park to let it idle for 30 seconds, but why is it doing this in the first place? Any ideas? At first i thought it was due to my radiator problem lately and it could sense my engine getting too hot or something, but my raidator works perfectly now and this problem still persists.

kylea24 04-29-2009 12:43 PM

its a feture on the turbo timer it adds time according to how long or hard you drive, you need to switch it to manual timer mode if you want it at 30sec and automatic mode if you want it to add time, i have a blitz dtt

trustdestruction 04-29-2009 02:41 PM

just put it on manual mode. everyone i've heard from says auto mode sucks and they just use manual mode.

FlipHKD720 05-01-2009 07:55 AM

alright, well it still doesnt explain why half the time it just stay at 30 seconds no matter how long or hard (haha) i drive, and the other times it counts up as long as i stay on the guess. NOTHING different, just randomly works and doesnt. Any idea about this problem?

croninc 05-02-2009 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by FlipHKD720 (Post 639744)
alright, well it still doesnt explain why half the time it just stay at 30 seconds no matter how long or hard (haha) i drive, and the other times it counts up as long as i stay on the guess. NOTHING different, just randomly works and doesnt. Any idea about this problem?

who cares, if it works in manual mode then stick with it. Who knows it could just be bug in the software. And since others complain about it, something must be messed up. O btw ive never seen your setup. Would you mind posting some pics?

FlipHKD720 05-04-2009 09:51 AM

yeah i'm working on getting a video up ASAP, i've been so ridiculously busy with finals, work and moving into a new place it's been a little overwhelming. Soon enough though

Brick 05-04-2009 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by FlipHKD720 (Post 640348)
yeah i'm working on getting a video up ASAP, i've been so ridiculously busy with finals,

I feel ya. Schools killin me, whens it gonna be summer?

FlipHKD720 05-05-2009 09:02 AM

well its summer now, finally moved into my house, waiting to get my grades back, but this week is much less stressful, and i think about this weeks done i can finally chill. Ugh haha