Non-Honda Discussion Discussion of all other makes and models takes place here!
View Poll Results: which cam should i use?
skunk2
0%
bisimoto
0%
custom... dont make me spend the money.. just kidding. lol.
0%
stock jdm prelude type s cams..
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Twincharged 2.4 Liter K-Killer: cb7 accord.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 05:32 PM
HCF Member
Default Twincharged 2.4 Liter K-Killer: cb7 accord.

So it is a Honda but it's not a Civic so that's why I put this in the non-honda area.
This will be my 2nd build of a Cb7, 1st one all by myself, 3rd Honda registered to me (98 2.3cl, 00 civic- y7/y8 minime that didnt last long lol, and now my 91 cb7 Accord coupe).

I've wanted to build a g23 for the longest time now, but the more I read about unrieliability, tuning issues, ect.ect. i've came up with a swap that will give me the torque, midrange power, rpm band, DOHC high flowing head, and vtec for street use that are required for me. The vehicle will be my daily driver, so bare with me as this build is going to take some time to complete. I'm keeping my car stock as possible for now with the acception of an h23 trans with an f22 5th gear for freeway cruising, suspension, brakes, interior and exterior modification but now that I know exactly what i want this vehicle to do, i felt like sharing the info on here (my cb7tuner account wont let me post a thread yet because I am a new member and dont feel like flooding random threads to get to a 30 post upgrade account. i.e. DUMB RULE!) Since my last build i have completed my training at universal tech. and my experience in the hotrod department taught me A LOT!!! i build a 355 (350 .030" over bore) and got to dyno it in a teebucket and made 420lbft... only 380hp but that's because my cam didnt like the 50shot of n2o and the intake manifold i ran... mostly because my group members were idiots and liked the voodoo cam because of the name and extreme lift... overlap was ok but not amazing... anywho... this build is set up for streetability, road/circuit racing and tight technical autocrossing, and the occasional drag just to see what it would run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This build will consist of doing:

Body- Frenching and chopping to create custom JDM front bumper, rear bumper and sideskirts with carbonfiber rear spiltters and adjustable underbody spoiler, a boxy and square trunk spoiler, a roof-lip-spoiler, carbon fiber cannards and an adjustable on the fly front bumper splitter/spoiler. Jdm one piece headlights with 8k HID (completed hid conversion), 92-93 sedan trunk lid, the 92-93 sedan SiR crimson and white style taillights with LED bars. The trunks licence plate area will be frenched almost completely smooth and have an LED Honda H that will illuminate when brakes are applied and have a new licence plate area frenched into the bumper area instead... kinda like an integra compare to an ek..custom hood, custom stretched wide-as-yo momma-fenders! lol also deleteing and smoothing all the trim pieces on the car... all of them.
then getting the car painted a custom mix but mostly the new audi artic white with extra pearl, a bright base coat and 3 layers or benz of HOK clear coat.

Interior- The entire interior will be white with light baby blue accents and the Ferrari color blonde leather, fiberglass or micro-swued. (swayyed? lol however you spell it!! i dropped out! thats why i went to uti to get my associates!!)
The trunk will use a floating sub styled.. box inside a box... no fox though sam i am! ;l bad joke... i will be using all JL and Alpine audio equipment with glass mat batteries, and monster cables inbetween. 2 alpine monoblock 750-1000watt amps will be hooked to 1x13.5" and 2 bridged 10" subs in the box. the box will take up the trunk space under the 6x9s and have 2 port tubes that will go directly in the interior. and all the interior speakers will be replaced with 3 way 180 watt 6x9s and 6.5" door speakers. then 1" neodym. tweeters on the dash. the dash will be redone with fiberglass in some sections and wrapped with blonde suede or pleather. im putting a 10-12' flip up screen dead center in the dash, moving the climate control pannel down and putting an 8-10" headunit and touchscreen in (alpine) and all the interior speakers will be powered by the headunit and a 4 channel 250 watt amp. then some either sparco or momo racing buckets up front with 4 or 5 point harnesses. a small cage will be installed and hidden as much as possible. the headliner will be replaced, and the entire interior will be as insulated as i can get.. in short. an entire new function/ show/ and race interior.. oh and there will be 2 bottles in the trunk. 1 nitrous express, 1 Co2... we'll cover that later..

1998 Acura 2.3cl split-spoke-5-spoke alum. alloy 16"x7" rims (i miss my old wheels!! x( ) with a good amount of side wall and tread. should be plenty of grip id say!

Buying a rear disc brake conversion next weekend off craigslist for $50 bucks and upgrading the calipers to TL or TSX or MDX (i forget which uses dual) dual piston calipers in the rear with bigger vented discs with EBC brake pads. 4 piston front calipers with larger vented and maybe drilled rotors. havent decided yet. ill also be using EBC upfront... i do have a nice autozone discount still however, and theyre ceramic CMAX brakes have never let me down before sooo... maybe.. they do have a lifetime warranty which is pretty hard to beat... anywho.
Suspension and Steering- Skunk2 coilover and camber plates. New polyurathane full chassis replacement bushings kit. And i'm hoping to switch to an S2k electronic steer by wire system if i can get the rack to fit.. may have to use cusom tierods or something. if thats out of the question, then good old manual steer it is. May change a lot more suspension components to help save some weight in the grand scheme of things... (The car is not heavy by any means but you civic guys now have a complete advantage over me,, ill just have more torque!! heehe!!) adjustable sway bars and tower mount bars as well... i know im forgetting more... the car's gunna be stiff and handle... at the track. then i loosen everything up a tit bit and street it aaaaall day!

I'm having some friends from a Japanese drift team i know, look for an covetted h22/h23 trans with an LSD but if not ill be building...

Gearing and shifting- H23 trans with either a fifth gear from the current f22 sohc trans thats in the car now. (4.01 fd and in 5th im doing 80mph at 3k rpm.... not bad!) or maybe a tickbit longer and just go custom because the h23 final drive is 4.22 and i may be going up to 4.56 custom. and then using a Kaaz or Cusco LSD 1.5 way... all this is suseptable to change to a bisimoto f2d or an h2b and using b16, gsr and ls gears.. and cv axles good for 500-600hp...

Drivetrain- My favorite part and it's taken me a LONG time to get here.. im now almost 23, i put together a cb7 and made 170 n/a sohc non-vtec hp out of it with him when i was 14 and since then always wanted a cb7. when i was 19 i read about the g23 build and wanted one. then i got into roadracing and autocross and my needs have changed a little...

lets start?

h23 block, sleeved to 89mm bore, new crank girdle and glycol coated crankcase area after polishing any spot on the block worth polishing... and the oil squirters will remain... as well as a new baffled oil pan with a 6qt sump. a ported oil and water pump, a manual tensioner and new belt of course.
f23 crank (97mm stroke, do the math... thats 2.406Liters.. i can just see the K series guys ready to get smoked) knife edged, and strength treated
f23 rods (crower billet steel)
arp head bolts, rod bolts and maincap bolts with ACL bearings.
Cometic headgasket (h22) and felpro and hondobond all other gaskets.
bisimoto forged pistons (8.5:1 comp ratio) with total seal rings.
The whole bottom end will then be balanced to .5-.1 gram tolerances.
H22a4 head- bisimoto vtec stage 3.? nitrous/boost cams and cam gears.
bisi- street dampener
Inline4 racing out of texas will be doing my port and polishing
oversized stanless valves and enlarged and polished combustion chambers with a sunken 3/4 angle valve job.
supertech dual wound titanium valvesprings and retainers and the rest of the valvetrain components
bisi high rise header with individual o2 sensors for fine tuning.
JRSC style intake manifold with custom longer runners (i may take a twinscrew and custom fab it into a skunk2 manifold, unsure so far) with twin port injection and a 100 shot of spray.
AEM infinity Volumetric efficiency based Standalone for obd1 h22 or a v2 if theyre better priced, but i get a nice discount so i should be ok.. lol. adjustable FPR and both rails running a return style system with a walbro 455lph pump. i think 400-600cc injectors should be plenty seeing as im running primarys and secondaries...
I'm running a v3 centrialfugal supercharger as well (thats right! twin-s/c 2.4L DOHC Vtec FWD FURY!!!) through a FMIC. the sides of the fmic, the pipe from FMIC to the manifold if i can afford it, and the intake manifold and JRSC will be wrapped with copper piping and have co2 ran through it at the track. then the sides of the fmic and the intake manifold for sure will be wrapped in a carbonfiber jacket to reduce temps even more so! and then the nitrous will be spraying the intercooler and into the manifolds runners.
i'm going to run 1-2 high flow cats for emissions reasons, then a glasspack for a resonator and then take a skunk2 3" exhaust and custom fit it on to this set up.
running corvette CNP on the firewall with stock wires and a custom dizzy block off plate. ngk-r iridium plugs of course!!
8lb aluminum flywheel and exeddy or clutchmaster stage 3 street/strip clutch
aem underdrive pulleys
redline will be set between 8500-8750. Seems high for a stroker but my instructor at school ( who has built a 1003hp k20 integra had his s2k head sent to the inline4 racing out of texas and he assures me it will breathe enough to support those rpms and wont lose throttle response and because im building the bottom end up really well, I think it will handle it just fine. At this point, im almost considering a custom cam set incase bisi’s will be my weakest link… im not sure, what do you guys think?
and prolly a few other things im missing. i did this off hand without my blueprint and specs infront of me so i appologize if i missed a few things but i'll start updating later... i hope you guys like the build and maybe it will inspire a few of you to build a k series that will maybe keep up... maybe!

Old 03-01-2013, 05:36 PM
HCF Member

^edit^ *deleted*

Last edited by Newbie2000ex; 03-03-2013 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:27 AM
HCF Member

well good news!!
scratching the twincharged idea... for now... mainly because ive done some more research and have a new part(s) to save for! turns out the k series crank fits into the h and therfor f blocks perfectly!
now briancrower makes a 2.5L stroker crank at 99mm of stroke!! WOWWY!!!! is what i said... so im taking an h22a4/h23a/f20b/k24 hybrid... by the way the h22a4 head have its combustion chambers enlarged.
mixing in a kseries rotating assembly, balanced to perfect tollerances, and then a custom runner length skunk2 intake manifold and a way underdriven centrifugal supercharger..
in the future if i get bored maybe i'll try to build either a sequential twin centri. s/c or a custom twin s/c kit like i was talking about above. but honestly a 89-90mm bore/ 99mm stroked k/f/h series n/a even sounds gnarly now that were talking about the biggest 4 banger ive ever heard of in an sport compact... im also rethinking the bore back down a mm as you can see because id rather have stroke and seeing as ive got a lot more, leaving more metal between cylinders sounds like a smart idea.. lol
?
oh and im going with more moderate power aspirations now... 325hp-450hp on spray...

99mm stroke k24 stock honda crank knife edged and strength treated in many ways and cutom fitted for the h23 block.
crower billet steel rods.
bisimoto coated pistons.

Last edited by Newbie2000ex; 03-03-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:40 PM
HCF Member

basicly making my own h22a jdm trans gear set...
f22 cb7 accord ex 1st and 5th.
2nd and 3rd from 93-97 prelude vtec.
4th 92-96 prelude Si.
Syncrotech carbon rebuild kits.
mfactory helical lsd kit.
and mfactory 4.64:1 FD gearset.