Playstation PS/PS2/PS3/PSP-News, Info, games etc

EA Sports NHL11 (Inc. E3 Trailer)

Old 06-17-2010, 06:08 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default EA Sports NHL11 (Inc. E3 Trailer)

I don't know if anyone else plays this series, but being an avid hockey fan, I kinda live for this game Below is the trailer that debuted at E3..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UEqkKf67Hg

I'm fairly speechless... Anyone who's played NHL10 will understand why (checking/faceoff/fast deke advancements should be a HUGE improvement over '10). Broken sticks, playing witout a stick, there are just so many more variables and improvments I don't know where to begin drooling. CAN NOT WAIT!

Old 06-17-2010, 10:45 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Damn the last time i played a NHL videogame was in 2005 i think and wow thats come a long way since then haha that rivals Madden and the NCAA Football games now i miss hockey. Used to go to a lot of the college and high school games up in North Dakota but down here the only hockey near me is the San Antonio Rampage who are actually prety good Their games are fun to watch Forty, do you actually play hockey? Jc.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:35 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

I don't play anymore, other than a strapping up my blades once in a while and firing some pucks around. I grew up in Sault Ste. Marie, MI (commonly referred to as "Lil Hockeytown") so it was a big part of life growing up. If we weren't on the ice, we were playing in the streets, all day every day.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:02 AM
I'm Spock Dammit!!!!!

Ah was jc

Its really a fun sport to watch and there is always something about the atmosphere at a game that makes you on edge and waiting for something cool to happen. Even if the team your rooting for sucks, theres always the possibility of a fight or some miracle shot or some crazy mishap or somethin

Hockey is an amazing sport

Old 08-20-2010, 09:08 AM
HCF Member

I am an Avid NHL series player and yes I will have 11 the first day it comes out for sure! Im from Pittsburgh and ah been a Pens fan forever!

Old 08-26-2010, 04:02 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

All hockey talk moved to the lounge in the official 2010-2011 NHL/AHL/Hockey Discussion" thread.

This thread is to stay on topic, NHL11 game discussions only.

I'm still semi-hard over the trailer. Jussayin

Old 09-08-2010, 06:58 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Picked this up yesterday and got about two hours worth of playing time in. It's really, REALLY good! Graphics have improved, and gameplay is much more believable (will elaborate..).

Things I've noticed so far:
-Checking people is eleventy billion times more fun now. The checks and reactions are dependant on how the hit is placed, how fast you were skating, whether you ducked low or not, etc..

-Calling for a pass. This used to be a matter of "Press R2, and the dude instantly fires the puck to you." This is all well and good, but it's not how hockey works. Now, once you hit R2, your player will tap his stick on the ice a few times asking for the pass. Eventually, the player with the puck will pass it to you. But, because of the delay (just like in real life) you must see the play developing and prepare yourself to receive the puck. RAD!

-Energy meter. This diminishes a bit quicker than it did in NHL10, but more noticably, it takes FOREVER to regenerate. All 4 lines will roll now while your guy is catching his breath, hence you get a bit less playing time per game (again, more like real life)

These are just a couple things I've noticed so far. Like I said, I didn't have a ton of time to play it yet, but hope to remedy that situation beginning at 4:00 today

Old 09-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Snail'n Admin

I agree tony. Everything you posted is spot on. Additionally, a few other small things

The gameplay itself seems more difficult. I've tried rookie and pro and even rookie isn't as simple as "ha, I've got the puck, I'm going to score a zillion times".

Scoring itself seems more difficult. Breakaways are more difficult as well.

Other small additions that i love: Holding someone against the boards and using your foot to kick the puck out. Also, I love the new hip check and also the two new ways to block a shot/pass (either standing up straight or diving and being able to POSITION where your stick goes). Also, I love the new faceoffs which means there are numerous ways to win them and different ones work better in different situations. Finally, I like that after a whistle, you can check someone and they actually retaliate.

Old 09-08-2010, 02:50 PM
HCF Member

Woo Im excited I will be getting the game this weekend, and improved graphics again!? Wow so impressive sounding when i thought the last one couldn't get much better! Now I can use the Pens to murder the Wings!

Old 09-09-2010, 03:56 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

lolololol, might as well do it in virtual reality, because it sure as **** aint happenin' in real life

Got another hour or so in yesterday, loving this game so much. The AI seems much improved over NHL10. I stepped over the blue line and split the D on two straight rushes. When I tried it a third time, 4 of the 5 opposing players completely collapsed on me before I even hit the blue line and shut me down. ****in OWND

There are even retaliations during play, which is pretty epic. I smashed Patrick Kane with a brutal hip check the other day, and as he was flopping around on his ***, he reached out and tripped me, eventually ending up with a tripping penalty. **** was so cash!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EA Sports NHL11 (Inc. E3 Trailer)