Photography Talk about photography, digital photos, cameras, and more

Forty04's Photo Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Sounds good man, I still got your number. Trying to figure out for sure when we'll be up there (either taking Friday or Monday off, not sure which yet) so I'll let you know.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:54 AM
shawty

I loveee the picture of the dock its gorgeous!!!!

Old 06-16-2010, 05:26 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Thanks Nikki! (I remembered your name finally, yes!)

The dock picture is going to be printed and framed, and auctioned off at a charity event my Mom helps organize. Pretty cool stuff, I'm stoked!

Old 06-16-2010, 06:47 AM

that dock picture is a great one,hopefully it brings in a good price for the auction,its worth a place on a wall for sure.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:58 AM
shawty

Originally Posted by Forty04
Thanks Nikki! (I remembered your name finally, yes!)

The dock picture is going to be printed and framed, and auctioned off at a charity event my Mom helps organize. Pretty cool stuff, I'm stoked!
YAYYYYYY!!!!!! You need an Award!

Old 07-14-2010, 04:54 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Lori and I met up with my Dad and his wife, as well as some other family and friends for a Tiger's game last Friday. Hell of a night! Made a full day of it, arriving in Detroit around 1:30 and making the rounds until the game at 7:00.
Took some pics throughout the day as we hit up a few different places...

Full set here:
/

View while walking around downtown Detroit. (Contrary to popular belief, you CAN avoid getting stabbed here )

Behind the bar inside the Detroit Beer Company. Their beer is fantastic! I had the 1529 IPA, Hop Grenade, and the rest of Lori's Lager that she wasn't a fan of.

After that we headed over to one of my personal favorite destinations, Hockeytown Cafe!

Closeup of the rear wheel, pretty cool stuff!

Some of the locals that made it to the big leagues

"This place looks legit"

Actually, it's a great bar and I recommend it to anyone if you ever find yourself down that way. Cheap beers and food, and the food is actually good! I had the Hot Wings, and they were some of the best I've ever had.

Now, with a good base built up, it was off to party! We headed straight to Cheli's Chili, which is obviously owned by former NHL'er Chris Chelios. They fence off the whole parking lot, setup a few beer stands, and pretty much let you do wtfever you wanna do. It's directly across the street from Comerica Park too, which is awesome.

We got put up in a luxury box over first base and had access to all the food, beer and booze we could consume. The pics start to get a little blurry from here, can't imagine why...

The view from said Lux Box..

It was really hard to get decent shots AND avoid the canopy. Oh well, small price to pay!

My dad tearin' up the buffet

Me, diggin into the good stuff

The Tiger's won and we all had a ridiculously good time. They celebrated with a fountain show followed by about 15 minutes of constant fireworks.

So yeah, that was my Friday night! Thanks for lookin

Old 07-14-2010, 07:57 AM
HCF Member

wow dude those are great shots!

yeah downtown detroit isn't that bad its the "hood" that you have to watch out for lol, its always funny when we go to the auto show my mom always freaks when the bums come up and ask for us to buy stuff lol

Old 07-14-2010, 08:02 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

hahaha, ****ing bums.. We actually didn't get harrassed by any this time around, suprisingly. Lori busted my ***** when we first got there for looking like a tourist. Camera around neck, obviously brand new tiger's t-shirt, and searching for directions on my blackberry. I reckon she had a point..

Old 07-14-2010, 08:04 AM
HCF Member

lol you probably looked like those tourists from japan all pointing at stuff and taking pics

Old 08-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

More cool ****! Went to Mackinac Island this past weekend, heres what I found...

Mackinac Bridge

The Grand Hotel which is where we stayed

Inside our suite. No two rooms in this hotel are alike, and they are all decorated eccentricly, mostly by former Wives of important Men.

View from the Presidential Suite balcony

Arch Rock. Believe it or not, I didn't mess with the colors. That's actually what the water looks like up there, crazy...

Full set here:

Quick Reply: Forty04's Photo Thread