Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

Hella Flush three

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 10:44 AM
Super Cereal Admin

Offset is the distance (in mm) from the back of the hub of the wheel to the centerline of the wheel as a whole. A lower (including negative) offset means the hub is closer to the center of the car than the centerline of the wheel; a higher offset is the opposite (the hub being farther from the center of the car than the centerline of the wheel). Lower offset wheels are usually "deeper" wheels (think the rear wheels on a muscle car), while higher offset wheels are usually used to avoid rubbing (like on lowered civics) or to clear suspension and brake components (think NSX with huge brakes). You can raise the offset of a wheel by using spacers, but you can't lower it. In other words, it's a measurement of the wheel itself. Remember that it isn't the only important measurement in a wheel, though; width and backspacing are also pretty important for correct wheel fitment.

Last edited by reaper2022; 12-20-2009 at 10:47 AM.
Old 12-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

yeah, i think they look sick but i would rub alot since we got alot of pot holes, speed bumps, stuff like that, but thanks for the info!

Old 12-20-2009, 01:00 PM
Super Cereal Admin

*****. Go down to Somerset County around Berlin/Shanksville and try the roads out for size. You've seen my old civic enough that I shouldn't have to post a pic for you to know how low it was; I DD-ed it that low on those roads for two and a half years and nobody heard me complaining

Old 12-22-2009, 05:20 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Roll your fenders and you should be fine. I have friends lowered more than me running +15 wheels. And you can always just use your head and swerve around the pothole.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

Originally Posted by reaper2022
*****. Go down to Somerset County around Berlin/Shanksville and try the roads out for size. You've seen my old civic enough that I shouldn't have to post a pic for you to know how low it was; I DD-ed it that low on those roads for two and a half years and nobody heard me complaining
i used to live in windber, thats like 15 minutes from shanksville, right off 219.. i know what their like haha, i hated living in those ****ing mountains.... altho i had alot of fun at the quemahoming (sp) dam, u ever been there? perfect in the winter for drifting (sliding in a fwd haha), and in the summer, climb up on the bridge and jump off.. theres actually houses under there, that used to be a town untill the johnstown flood.. but enough rambling on about that.

and plethoric, its not like i try to haha, you must not know PA roads.. PENNdot sucks, they dont fix anything, theres more pot holes on the roads then pavement..

Old 12-23-2009, 03:20 PM
March 2010 ROTM

Everyone thinks their roads are the worst, when in reality they are mostly the same. KY sucks too in most areas. As does every state. KY likes to start highway refinish projects and get about halfway done and stop.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

PA likes to make plans to start roads and do budget cuts.... the governer goes on vacation with our road money..

Old 12-23-2009, 07:26 PM
Super Cereal Admin

Plethoric, I can vouch for KY's roads (at least in Fayette/Jessamine county) being better than Western PA's. Much better. I can also vouch for supersize being too much of a ***** to rock a slammed car in WPA. Come on, supersize. Do I have to whip out the picture from when I had the skirts on my car? When the bottom portion of the skirt is actually lower than the lowest part of the wheel? I do?

Name:  b-1.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  17.0 KB

DD'd that ish for a full summer.

Anyway, I think you might have already told me about being from Windber... I hated your track for the record. The 3200m sucked thanks to the wind. I did break the school record for it at that track though

Can't say I've ever been to the Quemahoning Dam though.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

i hated windber, im origanally from pittsburgh area but we moved up there for a "new life" and it wasnt the life we wanted haha, so we moved back.. all there is up there is gimped up rednecks or ********. srsly, NO ONE up there is normal.. i think its the water.. and you never been to the quemahoming dam? damn haha, its good for fishing and swimming. Have u ever been to Moxham section of johnstown? me and a few friends were down there joyriding (all of us were 14 haha) and we hit a pothole in his dads spider, it ****ed it all up, it was lowered 2inches. and i never said i wouldnt ride slammed, just not in the winter haha, it would be pointless when i barely make it out of the snow now haha. come summer i might lower it, but i think ill most likely get another car to work on since my civ is now a shared car.. i want a crx or sol

Old 12-23-2009, 08:54 PM
March 2010 ROTM

lulz at Reapers old side skirts.

Quick Reply: Hella Flush three