Pics and Videos Post Video and Sound clips here. This forum is for video's pertaining to Honda Civic's, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, and Off Topic.

New pony in the stable

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 03:51 AM
Laced with Sarcasm
Default New pony in the stable

My wife bought a new car last night. She went from this...

To this!

It's a 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Special Edition. She traded in the Saturn and got a really good deal on the Suby. Comes with a bad *** warranty and roadside assistance. Special Edition package includes a better interior setup than the base models, power moonroof, 6 disc changer, 140 watt stereo system, etc etc etc.. It's a really nice car. Has plenty of get-up-n-go, it's comfortable, spacious, and apparently really fun to drive (I wouldnt know, cause I'm not allowed to drive it yet)

We're currently breaking in the motor. Have to sorta baby it for 1000 miles, nothing over 5000rpms, and no cruise control. So we don't really know how quick it is yet, but the power transfer from what we've seen is smooth and stout. Anyway, enough babbling, heres more pics.

Name:  frontdriverangle.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  66.2 KB

Name:  rear3.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  51.0 KB

Love the control panel setup. No ****ty comments about it being an auto! She CAN drive stick but chooses not to do so on a daily basis.

Name:  ControlPanel.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  46.2 KB

These seats are awesome!

Name:  InteriorSeats.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  73.3 KB

Name:  Interior.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  92.9 KB

Well that's it for now. She plans on doing some minor upgrades here and there. It's a brand new car with a nice warranty, and she's not going to be track racing the thing, so nothing major. Probably intake and exhaust, shave the rear badges, little things like that.

Feel free to leave comments. I'll up date this when she starts modding it.

Thanks for looking

Old 06-22-2007, 04:36 AM
Default RE: New pony in the stable

phew, when i read pony i thought the worst..mustang..haha. nice buy, they sure are fun cars.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:09 AM
HCF Member

Congrats man. I know she'll enjoy that a lot more than the Saturn. Looks good...

Old 06-22-2007, 05:15 AM
HCF Member

****!!!!! Man that thing is a nice, great buy, you still thinking on getting a WRX for yourself?

Old 06-22-2007, 05:16 AM
mxs
HCF Member

congratulations, and nice choice!

I love the color, it looks even better in person

Old 06-22-2007, 05:17 AM

Beautiful car man. If you dont mind me asking how much did u buy it for? Just wondering cause i have no idea how much there worth.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:26 AM
HCF Member

Tony,

Nice ride ! Did the Impreza come with heated seats too? My wife's 2007 Forester can literally burn your *** with seats on High. Good luck with it. It will treat you well if you do the same!

SMOKEM

Old 06-22-2007, 05:43 AM
HCF Member

Very nice car!!! I almost got one myself, had everything set up (even the VIP discount) So I would have been getting mine for around 16,500... what!! Crazy I know, but than made the call to the insurance company and my insurance would have went from 2,100/yr. to 4,200/yr. --- so I bought a used civic [&:]. Not a bad choice but I wish i was driving that Subbi instead. Any reason she went with the gold, I thought the satin white pearl was SWWEEEETT!!!

Old 06-22-2007, 05:58 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

Well, first of all it's Urban Grey, not Gold, you might want to adjust your screen settings . She too got the VIP discount, but theSE's MSRP is 20,900. She got hers for much less that than, plus she traded in the saturn. Low payments + warranty + brand new freaking car = FTMFW!!

Also, why is your insurance so high!? Hers is like $620/6 months on this car.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'm sure she'll be lurking in here and will appreciate them as well.

Marnie, the color is definitely way cooler in person like you said. I'm going to try and get some night shots of it in hopes that without the sun glare, it'll look more like it does in person.

Rob, I dont believe it has heated seats, but we haven't fully read through the manual so its hard to say.

Tim, Absolutely!

Old 06-22-2007, 06:08 AM
mxs
HCF Member

no heated seats, the switches would be in those little rectangles by the cupholder.

Quick Reply: New pony in the stable