HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Pics and Videos (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/pics-videos-7/)
-   -   the truth about neons. a.k.a. srt-4 (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/pics-videos-7/truth-about-neons-k-srt-4-a-12940/)

bobbytonic 11-28-2005 06:42 PM

RE: the truth about neons. a.k.a. srt-4

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

I dont understand why honda wont answer the cry and come out with a monster civic all turboed out or s/c
IMO it would take away from their fuel economy status symbol

97civicturbo 12-04-2005 06:34 AM

[8D]That was hilariously entertaining!

Marty 12-04-2005 09:50 AM

ORIGINAL: remington870_20ga

I dont understand why honda wont answer the cry and come out with a monster civic all turboed out or s/c
Because it is not honda's way of doing things. Honda is a N/A company w/o a doubt and I myself like that. I have had boosted civic's(2 of them) and with the first one I was dyno'ing at 270 or so whp and 220wtq. If I could have got my hands on a K20 and went all motor with it I would have.

Asfar as the SRT4 you cant not argue about the power for the buck

drbyers 12-04-2005 10:02 AM

you can polish a turd all you want but in the end it's still a...

i guess dodge finally realized this becuase they killed off the neon.

it was a cheap car with a BIG motor.

sacicons 12-04-2005 10:37 AM

AHHH, the American way!:D

Marty 12-04-2005 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: drbyers

you can polish a turd all you want but in the end it's still a...

i guess dodge finally realized this becuase they killed off the neon.

Give credit where it is due, none of the "problems" people said they would have happened. Good fast cars for a cheap pricetag is what everybody wanted, it got brought out. Now because it is brought out by dodge people complain. If you put a tsx body on that chassis and acura emblems on the engine people would be so stuck up that cars ass it would not be funny. Fanboys, fanboys, fanboys, you can not look down on a car because of it's stuck a-hole drivers because look around at people that drive civic's......most are honda fanboy ricer, know nothing, disgraces to the auto scene. Kinda makes you wonder why most look at hondas as rice and lable the people who tune them as such uh.

sacicons 12-04-2005 11:24 AM

I hate SRT-4s, but some of that hate comes from respect. i give them credit for being fast, for sure. but i still think that dodges big bad ass spo-com should have at least had an option to get power windows for the rears, and maybe a little more quality attention to the rest of the car, not just the engine.

Marty 12-04-2005 11:51 AM

It was ment to be fast, the hell with all the lil frilly, lovey dovey, I need every modern thing I can stuff into a car to add weight features. It was made for one thing and it does that just fine.

Fran 12-04-2005 01:59 PM

So very true! lol

ORIGINAL: Forty04

"Hi i drive a mustang so i have to prove a point...."

so lame.

sacicons 12-04-2005 10:03 PM

ORIGINAL: md420

It was ment to be fast, the hell with all the lil frilly, lovey dovey, I need every modern thing I can stuff into a car to add weight features. It was made for one thing and it does that just fine.
not as well as an STI or an evo, and you can get them with a ton of options. im just saying they should have put a little more effort into the interior. its not sold as a racecar, its sold as a fast DD. i mean they didnt even offer any kind of limited slip for the first year, thats not a single purpose drag car. but if thats what you are looking for, and dont want to spend more than about 22k, then the srt-4 is decent.