Playstation PS/PS2/PS3/PSP-News, Info, games etc

Gran Turismo 5

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 04:06 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

BOOM SUCKA! Finally won it last night after about 9 more attempts. I swear, if I got put into the wall on the final turn one more time I was going to throw everything ps3 related out into the ****ing snow!

I ended up beating it by .049 seconds, so it was a close one. But, now I have my Minolta! Brent, I see what you mean about the snap-oversteer. Call my looney, but I must have a thing for cars that are always on the virge of killing me, cause I love this thing.

Picture related, it's what I will own someday, and commonly referred to as one of the scariest cars to drive of all time!

Name:  91911turbo.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  61.9 KB

Old 01-08-2011, 05:43 AM

I race modded a '97 Type R and I bought a '08 Type R because its the closest thing in the game that looks like my girlfriend's car.

The '97 has 388HP lol

Old 01-08-2011, 02:41 PM
July 2010 ROTM

i can race u in this snap-oversteer-to-death-roll-kill-your-face-off 1g corvair. you know, "unsafe at any speed"? nader killed the coolest car chevy ever made. bastard. well, the 2g corvair is the cooles, but nonetheless! the damage was done.

Old 01-10-2011, 03:27 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

lol^

Have you guys been doing the Seasonal Events? I just fixed my wireless at home last week, didn't realize how much extra stuff I was missing out on! Talk about some serious money making events! After working through some of those I now have two race cars, went from Level 21 to Level 25, and almost have enough to pick up the Formula GT.

If you haven't done em yet, I highly recommend it. They're not too hard for the most part and are worth tons of Credits and Experience Points.

The one where you have to drive a NASCAR for 2 laps on the Ring was a bit tough at first, but ended up being a lot of fun once I got the hang of the car.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Forty04
Formula GT.
Name:  MazdaRacewayLagunaSeca_2-1.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  131.3 KB

The Formula GT races are an absolute pain in the ****. I tried them... put it that way. The car themselves are very hard to drive. It wouldn't be as bad if you could quit as soon as your done with one race and then come back and race the next one when you can, but this game won't let you do that like GT4 did. I think the one race is 20 laps at Nurburgring, wtf? that race alone would take over an hour

Old 01-13-2011, 07:42 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

Wow I have forgot to come back to the forum to participate in the GT5 talks. I haven't really been playing much and just hit Level 17 tonight.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:25 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

NEWB!!!! LOLOLOLOLOOL

I kid

I'm up to level 25 now and the game seemed to get a lot more fun around Lvl 22ish. You'll start racing some real fast cars and more intense races soon.

Have you done any of the Seasonal Events? That's a great way to grind out some XP and Credits. Even if you have to buy cars for each specific race, you'll make out well in the long run.

For instance I had to spend like $70k on a stupid Prius with some mods, but I think I made somewhere in the neighborhood of $300k once I'd won the race.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:13 AM

LOL WUT?
Oh yeah?

Old 01-15-2011, 09:03 AM
July 2010 ROTM

I R BANNED SPAMMER.
yeah, its a glitch in the game, the same thing totally happened to me. i called polyphony and they sent me a check for that amount too as like a thank you. i paid off my house and bought a thoroughbred racing horse to ride back and forth to work.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:46 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

lolwut

Back on topic... For those of you doing the Seasonal Events, I have a question. Do you ever earn Credits/Exp. in the Drifting or Time Trial events? I was running a time trial last night and put down a pretty good time, only about 5 seconds off the online record holder, but I didn't get **** for it.

I'm just wondering if you have to actually beat the online record to get any Cr./Exp., or how that all works?

I've found the "Rise through the Ranks" events to be pretty fun, as well as highly profitable. You could probably run whatever car they require in stock trim and still win if you've got your **** together. I've just been tossing a set of Racing Soft tires on the cars and running them like that.

Quick Reply: Gran Turismo 5