HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   South West (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/south-west-28/)
-   -   My first post, Please help! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/south-west-28/my-first-post-please-help-21741/)

civicmanno1 05-09-2006 06:23 PM

My first post, Please help!

What up HONDA fans? I got me a sweet '94 LX, Iknow I know 4 door,but the thing has better weight distribution and I smoke all you hatchbacks. my damn rear main seal keeps leaking! It was just replaced. I dont know if they scratched the shaft or what will "stop oil leak work? Is my clutch trash . can it be cleaned? please help![:@]

ducatibrandon 07-23-2006 08:56 AM

RE: My first post, Please help!

I don't know if I would start off talk'in trash about other peoples cars then ask for help. Damn dude butter them up first and tell them for a honda it's fast or something. But being a honda I can't be that fast so I can try to help. I have not yet had a Honda motor apart but if it's anything like a Chevys rear main seal being a crank with a seal around it that then leaks through into the clutch causing it to slip.?? just a guess. If the motor has alot of miles on it maybe the crank itself could be the problem. Sometimes the seals will get old and hard and ware into the end shaft of the crank causing it never to seal correctly again. Now if it is a input shaft that could do the same thing. If your lucky then that can be replaced without to much $$$. Well just an opnion and goodluck with the family wagon.

ORIGINAL: civicmanno1

What up HONDA fans? I got me a sweet '94 LX, Iknow I know 4 door,but the thing has better weight distribution and I smoke all you hatchbacks. my damn rear main seal keeps leaking! It was just replaced. I dont know if they scratched the shaft or what will "stop oil leak work? Is my clutch trash . can it be cleaned? please help![:@]

civicmanno1 07-26-2006 06:15 PM

Thanx man for the info,and u r right I shouldnt talk about the hatchback. Its just that they ,as you did, call it a family car hell I will shave the handles. Thats all I can do. I smoke cars that I didnt think I could with a sadan four banger. "A Honda cant be that fast." ?That Lotus is sweet, made fast. I had to build and tune mine myself. I hate to burst your bubble, but there are Honda Civics that will smoke the Lotus, uh and the Ducati. tell you what. I will stop talking about hatchbacks and you can stop trashing Hondas in a civic forum! Deal? Thank you again for your reply it will help.

ducatibrandon 07-26-2006 11:27 PM

Who cares if people call it a family car it's what you like right? At least you don't have a Hatchback for the grocies. Yuk there ugly. Don't take me wrong here I'm not trashing honda's but you have to admit they just don't come fast from the factory. The Mits, and Subaru are OK but not honda. The S2000 is a great car and I almost bought one but it was slow. I looked at the 350Z and it spanked the S2000. I did not buy that because it is no faster then my corvette. I really wish Honda would do something with the S2000 because I really like the car and I looks cool as hell. The NSX is a great car but still not the fastest thing on the planet. My Lotus is sold and is a slow car but in 1988 it was a OK car. She ran a 13.4 1/4 mile. Slow by todays standards but still not to bad. My bike on the other hand is VERY FAST. I don't know how much you know about bikes but They have been tested STOCK running 9s in the 1/4. If you want to go fast then get a bike and enjoy. They don't break down and will out run almost ANYTHING on the road. Hey let me know how the car turns out and how tuff it is to get apart for when my wifes car needs a fixed.

ORIGINAL: civicmanno1

Thanx man for the info,and u r right I shouldnt talk about the hatchback. Its just that they ,as you did, call it a family car hell I will shave the handles. Thats all I can do. I smoke cars that I didnt think I could with a sadan four banger. "A Honda cant be that fast." ?That Lotus is sweet, made fast. I had to build and tune mine myself. I hate to burst your bubble, but there are Honda Civics that will smoke the Lotus, uh and the Ducati. tell you what. I will stop talking about hatchbacks and you can stop trashing Hondas in a civic forum! Deal? Thank you again for your reply it will help.