Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Bar that the coilover bolts to (rear driver side)

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:08 AM
Default Bar that the coilover bolts to (rear driver side)

I don't know what the bar the coilover on the rear bolts to but my bolt broke and won't come out so I need a new bar and the bolt that holds the coliover on it. I need the drivers side, don't know if that matters they look like they will work on either side. It is for a 93 civic coupe.. Thanks

Old 05-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: Bar that the coilover bolts to (rear driver side)

ummm... wow. Not to be a douche or anything, but maybe you should have done some more research on suspension before trying to put coilovers on.

Anyway, I think you're talking about the lower control arm and the shock-mount bolt. Either buy a pair of aftermarket LCA's or go to a junkyard and get a used one. And that shock-mount bolt will set you back about $10 by itself.

Old 05-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Default RE: Bar that the coilover bolts to (rear driver side)

Well I did not put on the coilovers I bought this car like this and like most others who build a honda he did not know what he was doing. I figured it was called a Lower control arm I just was not 100% sure on a Honda. I am trying to fix all his F-ups. This guy was a honda mechanic and he did not even set the timing right, it was so far out the car would fall on it's face after you shift to the next gear. You really should not flame someone unless you know the whole story about there car. Some guys try to put coilovers and air filters on and call themselves a pro. I have tried searching for some things on this site and others, unless you know how to word what you are looking for to the exact you come up with nothing..