Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

best lowered ride

Old 07-23-2007, 05:28 AM
Default best lowered ride

I've heard of getting the "fake coilovers" as in just the adjustable springs. I've heard of cutting stock springs. And the very expensive full coilover kit. Whats your vote for the best ride for your money.?

Old 07-23-2007, 05:41 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: best lowered ride

well, with 'fake coilovers', you get what you pay for. and don't cut or heat stock springs. you don't have to get a full coilover kit to get a good ride, and they're not always expensive. and what type of ride are you looking for?

Old 07-23-2007, 08:17 AM
Recognized HCF Member

just get lowering springs, it will ride better and be more sporty, i had bomz cheap sleeve-over coils and they were ok, got really bouncy though

Old 07-23-2007, 10:37 AM

well im looking for a fairly good ride with a drop to where im almost tucking 17s in the back. My friend had coilover sleeves and it rode so bad it was intolerable and he ended up just taking them off and now hes back at stock height. I just want something thats almost as good as a stock ride if not better, without having to empty out my wallet. Anything I should start shopping for?

Old 07-23-2007, 01:15 PM

my vote is for springs and struts. kyb adjustible struts and a nice spring.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:50 PM
eg9

did your friend still have the oem shocks? if so then thats prob y his car rode like crap. I had skunk2 coilovers however they didnt fit on my tokico hp shocks. While i had the skunks on my car (with oem shocks) i couldnt stand driving. It was very crappy, however with good shocks installed, skunk2's are said to be pretty good.

Old 07-24-2007, 04:00 AM
HCF Member

it would be good to get a fairlydecent suspension kit, even if you had to buy it second hand off ebay like i did. It will lower your car while not compromising the handling. I use a Gmax sportline kit or something like that which lowered the car by 40mm

Old 07-24-2007, 06:41 AM

I was looking at some Tein lowering springs. If I ran this on OEM struts would it still ride bad or would it ride like stock?

Old 07-24-2007, 07:16 AM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: madmid3

My friend had coilover sleeves and it rode so bad it was intolerable
don't blame the fact that they were "coilover sleeves" -- that in and of itself was NOT the problem.
either the spring rates were totally wrong, the shocks were blown, or the car was so low it was hitting the bump stops.

There is nothing wrong with GOOD coilover sleeves (i.e. Ground Control)

Old 07-24-2007, 12:26 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: madmid3

There is nothing wrong with GOOD coilover sleeves (i.e. Ground Control)
But the only thing about Ground Control is that the handling does kinda take a hit.

I had Ground Control, and my civic handled like crap around corners.

Ibought a complete dual ride height adjustable coilover set up and the ride and handlingis soooo much better. It was definately worth the 800 dollarsI paid for it. But like everyone else says, "you get what you pay for".

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: best lowered ride