HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/)
-   -   Best upgrade?!? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/best-upgrade-22842/)

DaanL 05-30-2006 01:23 PM

Best upgrade?!?

Hi,

I want to upgrade my EG DX hatch, only the suspension for now.

I want to know what makes the most difference in cornering and driving, cambers I need anyway because I want to lower big time.
I have about 1250 dollar to spend on suspension, what would be nice. Full coilovers? Sway bars? Fill me in guys!

I decided to get the Password:JDM 3 Point Front Strut Tower Bar anyway, I like it alot.

Thanks,

Daan

Sorry for my bad english, I'm dutch!:eek:

Belmont 05-30-2006 08:33 PM

RE: Best upgrade?!?

Welcome, I would go with adjustable coilovers. Look into tein, megan racing, skunk 2 and omni... Also get front and rear sway bars. Youll be stiff as a board.

97_nw 05-31-2006 01:07 AM

dont forget those camber kits! since your lowering alot..

DaanL 05-31-2006 01:40 AM

Thanks,

I didn't find any sway bars for a EG on american online shops, anyone?

DaanL 05-31-2006 06:13 AM

Alright, I problably found a good setup:

Skunk'd 2 Pro series full coilvers w/ Tops 680

Omni power front and rear camber kit 270

Password: JDM 3-point front strut bar
Password: JDM 2 point rear strut bar
ASR Subframe reinforcement brace 470

Omni power lower control arms 109

BLOX rear sway bar kit 140

Total: about 1700, above my budget, but it's no problem.

What do you guys think? Are they quality product, and will this seup stiffen up my ride enough?

Thnks, Daan;)

97_nw 05-31-2006 05:29 PM

dang your not cheaping out at all. looks like a good setup. the skunk2s are known for having a pretty rough ride, but they are a quality product. are u planning on doing any track or autox etc?

uk civhead 05-31-2006 05:43 PM

I would go with the tein coilovers or Bilstien if they make them for your car, If your from the Netherlands you could also look into a spax coilover kit for about £600.

Nail I3unny 05-31-2006 08:35 PM

ask Pete about his experience with s2

personally...im not a coilover guy. you can get the same stiffness with a better ride if you get seperate spring/shock units. tokico illumina shocks and h&r sport springs. i like your choice on omni products (camber kit and LCAs)...but for the strut bars id go with megan racing. should be cheaper and just as ridgid.

AgentofDarkness 06-01-2006 09:50 PM

Have you looked into Tein SS? They are a more expensive, but they have 16 way adjustable dampening and adjustable ride height. You can even hook up a CDFC which lets you change the dampening with a switch. Looks like a pretty good set up.