Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Bumpstops? Need a little help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 08:57 AM
HCF Member
Default Bumpstops? Need a little help.

This is completely a noob question but where do I put the bump stops that came with my coilover setup? This is somewhat urgent so if somebody can help me out and be very specific that would be great. My Ksport setup came with 2 of them.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:18 AM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Bumpstops? Need a little help.

pics?

Old 01-16-2007, 09:29 AM

Check out this write up on installing coilovers - it should help you out a great deal: http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=503

The bump stop is in the picture located on the shock. It sits between what is called the toptop... basically the bumb stop floats on the skinny part of the shock.

Also - as you take your suspension apart you will see where the bump stop sits in regard to the stock shock. Just put it in the same position as your new set-up. Ask around about cutting them though first... People recomend doing this in order to give clearance from lowering your ride height. They say you will hit the bump stop when going over bumps, but I'm starting to think that's the point... So when my new shocks come in (hopefully I'll have new bump stops from Tokico) I wont be cutting them, but keep in mind I'll be using H-Tech springs with no more than a 1.3 drop. I have outgrown the slammed ride in favor of a more comfortable ride that still looks good. I think a balance of both is more important for a daily driver, but that is my own humble opinion. Think about it when you adjust your ride height and remember that your spring will settle and lower a little bit while the setup is new...

Take some pics before, during, and after if you get a chance.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:49 AM
HCF Member

So since it came with 2 bump stops...I'm assuming that they only go on either the front or the back? Or are they meant to be cut so that you have 4, one for each shock?

Old 01-16-2007, 10:58 AM
mxs
HCF Member

I thought you got ksports, don't they come already assembled?

Old 01-16-2007, 11:58 AM
HCF Member

yes, they do already come assembled. the bump stops should have been hidden underneath the black accordian plastic casing on top of the strut tower.

how'd you get the bumpstops out???

Old 01-16-2007, 12:02 PM
HCF Member

if you did the bump stops out, you need to replace them immediately.

the bump stops are there to keep your strut from bottoming/topping out during large bump hits.

the only way you could have taken the bump stops out was to take off the top hats or unscrew the lower struts.

DO NOT CUT THE BUMP STOPS.

call the ksport tech line or the vendor that you bought them from and ask which struts the bump stops are supposed to be on. I wouldn't know since i never took mine out when i installed mine.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:43 PM
HCF Member

No, I never took anything apart or took anything off of the assembly. The package came with two black rubber things though. Are those not the bump stops? If not, what are they?

Old 01-16-2007, 12:47 PM
mxs
HCF Member

just take a pic unless you can more accurately describe "rubber things"

Old 01-16-2007, 01:01 PM
HCF Member

Sorry I won't have a camera handy until later on. Maybe this will answer my question though....is it basically just "plug and play." I mean the assembly is together is it just remove the old assembly and insert the new? The reason I was asking about the bump stops is because it seems like the rear ones are bottoming out or something and I can't figure out why.

Quick Reply: Bumpstops? Need a little help.