HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/)
-   -   Coilover advice (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/coilover-advice-96850/)

AquaEJ9 07-27-2014 07:51 AM

Coilover advice

I'm looking out for some decent coilovers for my ej9 the car is being used daily on the roads but also gonna have track days so don't want anything too hard for these potholed and bumpy UK roads but also someth ing good enough for the track any suggestions? Was looking at tein street flex.

itburnswhenIP 07-29-2014 07:36 PM

i would highly recommend Progress Technology if you can find them in the UK.

AquaEJ9 07-31-2014 03:28 AM

Thanks I'll check them out :)

AquaEJ9 08-05-2014 10:57 AM

So I've checked out quite a lot of coilovers for my 99 ej9 especially "tein mono flex" I've heard a lot of good and the only bad I could find was too bumpy for some people but everyone has their own taste and opinion on things but was just wondering if they'd fit onto my ej9 they make sets for the ej7/8 but not sure if the fittings are the same, can anyone help? Cheers

cvcrcr99 08-05-2014 11:13 AM

96-00 civics are all the same from my research.

AquaEJ9 08-05-2014 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by cvcrcr99 (Post 792592)
96-00 civics are all the same from my research.

Cheers bud :)

itburnswhenIP 08-09-2014 04:06 PM

progress is a reputable foe for tien considering tien has outsourced some of there manufacturing to china i believe there basic and basis coilover systems but you should be good with your setup. progress is made in america and requires vigorous testing to pass highway saftey commissions standerds. progress technology makes suspensions for north american honda,TRD,mitsubishi and many other oem manufactures. they make a system for the 6th gen civic that cost half the price as tien the CS1 system. thats the reason i always recommend this company to beginners.

AquaEJ9 08-11-2014 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by itburnswhenIP (Post 792652)
progress is a reputable foe for tien considering tien has outsourced some of there manufacturing to china i believe there basic and basis coilover systems but you should be good with your setup. progress is made in america and requires vigorous testing to pass highway saftey commissions standerds. progress technology makes suspensions for north american honda,TRD,mitsubishi and many other oem manufactures. they make a system for the 6th gen civic that cost half the price as tien the CS1 system. thats the reason i always recommend this company to beginners.

Ok cheers here in Guernsey (channel islands) there's no highways no mot or tests needed to get any mods legal just notify the insurer's and that's it but I always tweek what ever I put on my cars until I'm happy with it just for peace of mind and No half measures :) plus I do plan on putting her on Silverstone so going around the track close to top speed and having bits fall off doesn't sound appealing