Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 10:15 PM
HCF Member
Default coilovers

tomorrow i am going to cancel the order on my seibon front lip. its not suppose to be here until like the 1st of next month or somethin like that and i ordered it on dec.22. so yea, im tired of waiting and im going to order me some coilovers. i really do not know much at all about them. i want something fully adjustable and a good suspension. i have been reading alot about those ksports. i know the company hasnt been around that long though. well those are what im leaning towards. give me your thoughts. and oh yea i guess i need to sale my brand new h&r sport springs too. i know mxs told me about ground controls and koni's but that seems to complicated to me...ksport, skunk2....??

Old 01-10-2007, 10:16 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: coilovers

ksports foo!

Old 01-10-2007, 10:19 PM
HCF Member

i'm about to install my KsPoRtS in a couple of days, and i say ksports FTMFW. i don't even know how they ride but judging by the looks and the adjustability, they're freaking sweet

Old 01-10-2007, 10:41 PM
mxs
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jhsplaya08

i know mxs told me about ground controls and koni's but that seems to complicated to me...ksport, skunk2....??
Haha, it's not complicated. Not any more complicated than installing any shocks and springs.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:19 AM
HCF Member

i was just talking about the spring rates and all that...mxs, what do you think about ksports? ever heard any bad things about them?

Old 01-11-2007, 08:27 AM
mxs
HCF Member

. . . but you have to think about spring rates with ANY suspension upgrades. Unless you want to just blindly pick something without knowing what the spring rates are.

I have heard that the Ksport shocks aren't well matched to the spring rates, the height adjustment collars break/seize over time, and the good old "you get what you pay for" -- but that's from the autocross/racing crowd, not from people who pick suspension parts because "they look good." Your mileage may vary....

Old 01-11-2007, 01:52 PM
HCF Member

^ i'm not judging by the way it looks, i just said that they look cool, i'm not judging performance wise. i looked at many spring rates and chose this set. and for jhsplaya08, everyone is just going to tell you to go with either what they have on their car, or to get the most expensivesetup. imo, just research and ask around to see what everyone thinks of their setups.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:27 PM
HCF Member

ksport DOES offer custom spring rates. all you have to do is request the vendor about custom spring rates.

the springs that come standard with the kontrol pro models offer the best ride/performance combination.

as for konis and ground controls almost everyone at team-integra say they're overkill for the street. you wont be able to use the performance that you're paying for.

Old 01-11-2007, 10:45 PM
HCF Member

my car is mostly a daily driver, i dont go to the track nor do i plan to ANY time soon.

Old 01-14-2007, 10:32 PM
mxs
HCF Member

then you might as well just use the H&Rs and buy some tokico blues, save some $$

Quick Reply: coilovers