HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/)
-   -   Coilovers? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/coilovers-37479/)

Rydog94dx 02-05-2007 06:26 PM

Coilovers?

What kind of coilovers should I get for my 94 dx? Its bone stock and I'm going to put 15" Rota Slipstreams on it soon.

WhatsAClutch? 02-05-2007 07:34 PM

RE: Coilovers?

dont put rota slipstreams on it they are gay knockoffs

sacicons 02-05-2007 11:33 PM

ORIGINAL: WhatsAClutch?

huh? yeah they are knockoffs, but they are actually pretty decent quality. among the best wheels you can get for the price. its hard to find a set of 15s that weigh 12 pounds each for under $500 with remotely the same quality. sure, they arent as strong as a set of forged wheels, but they arent $250 apiece either.

youll find all sorts of recommendations on coilovers. Ive had good luck with ground control, Tein, and Tokico. many people recommend the Ksports, but ive heard a lot of mixed reviews on the Dropzones, enough to suggest staying away from them.

tdci29 02-06-2007 01:01 AM

everyone seems to agree with groundcontrol coilovers

Nail I3unny 02-06-2007 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: WhatsAClutch?

ignorant ****

slipstreams are probably the best wheels you can get for anywhere near the price. my (hopefully) future setup will be Tokico Illuminas, H&R Sports, and slips

drbyers 02-06-2007 12:18 PM

ORIGINAL: tdci29

i don't. they're nice, but damm expensive and jiggly at low speeds.

for a little more you can get true coilovers instead of slip-ons.

tdci29 02-06-2007 12:42 PM

^ true that! what kind of full setup are you talking about?

drbyers 02-06-2007 12:46 PM

almost anything within reason. I have ksports ($560 shipped) as do alot of other guys on here, but you can also get omnipowers ($600-$650 shipped) which are a lot stiffer, function forms, D2s, Tokico coilovers, etc.

the Tokico full coilovers are a good low cost choice but there's almost too many options to count.

mxs 02-06-2007 01:47 PM

ORIGINAL: drbyers

ORIGINAL: tdci29

i don't. they're nice, but damm expensive and jiggly at low speeds.

for a little more you can get true coilovers instead of slip-ons.

what cars have you driven with ground controls? what were the spring rates? what shocks were they using?

drbyers 02-06-2007 01:51 PM

they were civic EGs and EKs with ground controls and koni yellows (your favorite setup).