Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

driver side sags

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 06:51 PM
HCF Member
Default driver side sags

my '93 dx sedan has stock suspension and the driver's side seem to sag compared to the passenger side.
i can fit the width of my hand in between the tire and the fender on the passenger side but I can't on the driver's side.

i took out some springs from another civic that did this before and the springs were the same height
out of the car. what are the reasons for the sag usually?

jbum

Old 03-28-2007, 06:56 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: driver side sags

The drivers side of your car is heavier than the pass side. Think about how your engine and tranny sit. Sideways. Now which side has more metal on it, the engine side, plus the steering and all the acc stuff on the engine(i.e. Alt, PS pump, AC) All on the Drivers side of the car.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

i took out some springs from another civic that did this before and the springs were the same height
out of the car. what are the reasons for the sag usually?
Dont count on just the height. The spring rate could be different. What trim civic did you get it from? DX sedan springs are different from EX coupe or CX hatch springs. Just get some aftermarket springs.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:52 AM
HCF Member

oh, i didn't mean i took out the springs and put them in my car. i just meant that when i took the springs out of the other car, i noticed that the spring height was the same for the front and back respectively. there was no physical sagging
on the left springs.

i did not put them in my car. i have not taken out the springs on my car. i was just curious why that was... i haven't seen a new civic. are newer civics the same way?

Old 03-29-2007, 12:20 PM
HCF Member

i have this problem, but olny by a little bit, and its my pass. side that sags....i think its becuase my mom hit a park stop and its a little out of align, so i think that could be an issue. ( your alignment could be A factor) but just get some springs

Old 03-29-2007, 01:11 PM
HCF Member

i posted a similar thread just last week about this. Honestly, your car is 14 years old, and somebody always sitting on the drivers side and maybe not always on the passenger side might have some long term affects. The shocks could be getting worn out as well. I say replace the springs and see what happens.