Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

driving and snoozing!!!!

Old 05-08-2005, 01:12 PM
HCF Member
Default driving and snoozing!!!!

i definately do not recommend doing this. on saterday morning , on my way to work, i feel asleep. i got extremely lucky. i put a couple divitsin some asphalt, a nice scar in a rail road tie, completely destroyed one wheel, same for one tire, and a ugly spot in front right fender, my 8 year old daughter was in the car with me, which is why i say i was extremely lucky. i got off easy this time. had to buy all new wheels, and 1 tire , and had to have car realigned. so $1000.00 later i'm back on the road, with upgrades. i've done alot of bussiness at this one shop last few weeks, when i told him what happened he sold these wheels to me for $800.00, the worst part is a had paid for a lightweght flywheel the day before and had to juggle the money around to pay for wheels, flywheel still on order but now i owe that balance, yet another delay in my b16 swap plans.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1438/ADF31630CCB54AB49144E5F802E5F34D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-08-2005, 03:10 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: driving and snoozing!!!!

dude thats rough 800 for those wheels? I got my wheels AND TIRES shipped to my door for exactly $760.00

Old 05-08-2005, 03:24 PM
HCF Member

ask a couple questions bro'. would you still be sitting ina canyon with your eight year old daughtert waiting for ups to make a delivery on your budget wheels. i would rather not. and by the way these wheels happen to weigh somewhere in the neighbor hood of 8 lbs each. in case you dont know thats extremely lite. since youve been on this forum all you do is trash people, i can see why you want to be a cop. go bully elswhere, in my book you definately aint no hotshot youre just a postwhore

Old 05-08-2005, 06:14 PM

good to know that you and your daughter is ok. I've been caught doozing off here and there luckly nothing really happend. Thank god for those bumps strip on the road to let you know you gone out of the lane.

Old 05-08-2005, 07:03 PM
HCF Member

i tore up the old rims i had on my car when i fell asleep on the freeway a few years ago. nothing major, just around the rim of 2 of them. im hella lucky they designed the concrete divider so that all that hits is your wheel.

Old 05-08-2005, 08:08 PM
HCF Member

thank you for seeing the real import issue here, meaning my daughters health, due to the fact that the civic responded quickly, (i think i left out the fact that the first thing i saw was a fire hydrant, i still dont know how i missed it) and not how much i spent on rims . which regardless of prior comments , i do not feel that i payed a bad price for enkie racing alloys,. but ya my daughter wasnt even shakin' by it. i knew those six flaggs season passes were a good idea

Old 05-08-2005, 09:41 PM

thumb up for honda they make a safe car

Old 05-08-2005, 10:39 PM
HCF Member

i definately do not recommend doing this. on saterday morning , on my way to work, i feel asleep
Dude, you need at least to ride out the tiredness untill you start halucinating. After 14 hours of driving added to a night of drinking I was determined when I was passing through Camp Pendleton crows were flying out of the concrete at me and purple snow men were passing me at the side. Anyways, I'm sorry about your misfortune. All is well when though when no bodies are injured though. Material items are replaceable, lives are not.

Old 05-08-2005, 10:44 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jwsimons

ask a couple questions bro'. would you still be sitting ina canyon with your eight year old daughtert waiting for ups to make a delivery on your budget wheels. i would rather not. and by the way these wheels happen to weigh somewhere in the neighbor hood of 8 lbs each. in case you dont know thats extremely lite. since youve been on this forum all you do is trash people, i can see why you want to be a cop. go bully elswhere, in my book you definately aint no hotshot youre just a postwhore

Well i wasnt saying i got mine for less to call u out........i was just suggesting that u could get a new set with tires at a cheaper rate........its your car.......i was just tryin to help u out.....no need to be a jerk about it. Im here to for the same reasons u are......never badmouthed u.......but u just started crap with me.......and im not going to retaliate.

Old 05-09-2005, 11:39 AM
HCF Member

hey man i just wanna get a few things straight here, When i said i got
my rims and tires cheaper than u i wasnt doin that to make it seem like
im better than u.......its just a lot of people overpay for their stuff
and i was just lookin out for u bro. As far as ur daughter is
concerned.....of course im glad u and her are ok.....u can buy a new car but
not a new life.....im not a monster man please dont make it seem like id
care more about the rims. Also.......i want to be a cop for many
reasons....but bullying people isnt one of them, i want to help people. I
was in no way shape or form trying to start a problem with u in that
post.....and i was unaware those were enki light weight wheels.....i just
thought they were different and wanted to make sure u had good places
to buy stuff from.......but now i kno u do.....so sorry for jumping to
any conclusions. Also....i dont really consider myself a post
*****......i do spend a decent amount of time on the forum but i wont post if i
dont tihnk i can help the person with the problem........im not tryin
to make any enemies on this site bro......i just love talking about
cars......helping some people with things i know......and learning stuff
from those who know things i dont. Sorry if u took the post the wrong
way. i did not mean it in the way u took it. Take it easy ~Pete (PS i
read u got season tix to six flags.....i live 15 mins from there)

what is this all about. as soon as i start kickin my own *** , thinking i need to reevaluate my oppinion of you, i read this, dude you gotta make a choice, i cam see why you wanted thios to be private i guess, but btw, the guy that wrote this ^ ^ ^ up there, may have been worth knowing, i came back on the forum to apologize to you, and now i see i dont realy need to, how can you possibly think your sacastic answers to everything are in any way helping anybody? i'm outa here, with jerks like you its not worth being here. f.off
ORIGINAL: pcupo12

ORIGINAL: jwsimons

Well i wasnt saying i got mine for less to call u out........i was just suggesting that u could get a new set with tires at a cheaper rate........its your car.......i was just tryin to help u out.....no need to be a jerk about it. Im here to for the same reasons u are......never badmouthed u.......but u just started crap with me.......and im not going to retaliate.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: driving and snoozing!!!!