Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

EIBACH PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Default EIBACH PROBLEMS

OK HERES THE PROBLEM IVE BEEN DEALING WITH FOR MONTHS NOW......I HAVE AN O1 LX 4DOOR.....PUT EIBACH SPORTLINE SPRINGS ON IT, IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A MINIMAL DROP.....AND IT WAS IN THE FRONT BUT THE REAR IS SLAMMED. THE REAR IS BOUNCY AS HE!! AND IVE HAD THE STRUTS CHECKED AND THEY CAME BACK FINE.......ALSO IT FEELS LIKE SOMETHING RUBBING IN THE FRONT ONLY WHEN I TURN LEFT.......VERY CONFUSED BECAUSE THERE ARE NO RUB OR WEAR MARKS ANYWHERE. ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

VERY ANGRY EIBACH CUSTOMER
[:@]

Old 02-21-2006, 10:08 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: EIBACH PROBLEMS

You dont need to use the cap to get your point across. Have you called Eibach? Who did you buy them from?

Old 02-21-2006, 10:56 AM

that happened to a guy i know. turns out they sent him the wrong springs... the 4 doors weigh it down or something

Old 02-21-2006, 01:11 PM
HCF Member

First off, when you say a sound coming from the front, does it sound like a clicking or a popping (I've never heard about front rubbing issues on the 7th gen)?

Old 02-21-2006, 02:32 PM

was there a second part to that?^

Old 02-21-2006, 03:34 PM
HCF Member

The second part would address the sagging rear once he answered the first question. One issue at a time though. LOL

Old 02-21-2006, 03:38 PM

i think they gave him springs for the coupe and its making it sag causes the 4 door is heavyer... im not sure how much more it weighs. i cant imajin it being that much. but that was the case with that guy i know.

Old 02-21-2006, 08:45 PM

I bought them from Advance Auto Parts, where I work. Then I ordered the same set from summit racing just to see if we had the wrong ones and they were the same.....then I called Eibach to verify the part number and everything checks out. As for the rubbing in the front.....like i said there is no rub marks or ne indication of tire wear......it feels like when you have a bad tie rod end or ball joint but i replaced everything like that in the front end.....as for the rear sagging i dunno if 4 door makes a difference, according to eibach there is no difference in the part number for 2 or 4 door. Im just really fed up. Do you think I should just try returning the rear defective (great advantage of workin in a parts store) to see if they maybe sent me some bunk springs.....or do you think a camber kit will pull the rear end up.

Thanks all for your input

Old 02-22-2006, 04:24 AM

is the springs correctly installed? like not installed upside-down or not in the lil notch when u put them in? that can cause some different heights as well...

Old 02-22-2006, 08:53 AM
HCF Member

It sounds like you indexed the upper mounts incorrectly on the fronts (it's a VERY common mistake that MANY people make when installing springs on the 01+ Civic). As far as the rear situation, who checked out your struts? It sounds like they are blown, or can't handle the new springs that are in there (to put it simply).

Quick Reply: EIBACH PROBLEMS