HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/)
-   -   finally slammed my car (sort of) (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/finally-slammed-my-car-sort-48078/)

My04Civic 07-16-2007 04:26 AM

RE: finally slammed my car (sort of)

damn...entirely too low..i hope they are adjustable

reaper2022 07-16-2007 01:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
sorry, I didn't get a chance to explain... I was at a friend's garage working on it (thank god for air tools :D), and the clock was apparently never changed for daylight savings time, so it was an hour behind. I was supposed to be home by 11:00 PM (remember, I'm only 17). Well, after giving up on the back (read the original post and you'll know why), it was "10:05"... my mom calls my cell phone and starts flipping out on me about how I was supposed to be home "5 minutes ago"... naturally, I was confused, but it soon became apparent that the clock in the garage was wrong. Well, trust me, you don't want to piss off my mom... so we just got the car off the jacks and I hauled ass home with the front still completely slammed (remember, we never got around to putting the rears on)... the 10 minute drive took about 30 minutes thanks to the 8 right-angle turns I had to take. Well, after I got home from work today (I was up in the 'Burgh all day yesterday and I was at a family reunion all day Saturday, or I'd have done this over the weekend), I raised the front up enough for the wheels to be able to turn all the way without rubbing... it's now lowered about 2 inches. The backs will be installed when I get back from SC...

(oh, and kokasian... I'm in the process of shaving the side mouldings, and I lost a sideskirt on the way home from work last week or so (don't ask me how), so I just took the other one off so it'd match lol

and, yes, civicex... I am missing a lug...I snapped a lug studlast winter and I figured that since I'm going to be getting drilled and slotted rotors here soon, I might as well just wait to replace the lug nut stud)

pics:
Attachment 34224
Attachment 34225

The stance isn't toomuch worse than a stock dodge neon now... I'll hopefully have the rears on in abouttwo weeks.

EDIT: forgot this pic:
Attachment 34226

addiction2bass 07-16-2007 03:02 PM

dito WTF happened to all side panel trim.........

would look good for show BUT not that low for driving. LMFAO

reaper2022 07-16-2007 03:09 PM

^ someone doesn't like reading lol jk man...

like I said, I'm in the process of molding my side moldings (molding my moldings lol) and rain gutters.. I just haven't gotten around to getting everything fiberglassed yet. And I just took the car for a 15 mile drive to see how it handles and whether or not the tires rub right now... no rubbing at all, and the only difference in handling is that the steering response seems to be a little quicker... then again, I really didn't drive it hard since the springs haven't settled yet.

addiction2bass 07-16-2007 03:19 PM

o ya i admite i skim sometimes. LMFAO

insteresting on the molding..... and rain rails...... id like to see how that turns out....

mill$civic 07-16-2007 04:58 PM

The second pictures look better, ya the first ones were way to low, but nice buy man!! Your going to have fun in the twistys with thoughs.