Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

HELP ON BRAKES PLZ!!!

Old 03-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Default HELP ON BRAKES PLZ!!!

Alright so I have a 1994 DX. I am having some slight trouble with my brakes. My master cylinder recently just went out & i replaced that. I'm know that i installed it correctly but i'm pretty sure that I bled the master cylinder and the brake lines properly in the correct order. The problem i am having is that the pedal doesn't feel completely firm. The car stops much better than when the master cylinder went out completely. I'm thinking about going back and re-bleeding the brake lines when i put my summer wheels & tires back on. I don't believe that the power brake boosteris going out b/c that would make it harder to push the brake pedal. Also, when the car is stopped & ideling I can pump the brake pedal and the car will idle up slighty and then drop back down. I think that it is a vacuum leak but I'm not for sure where and if this could be causing my brake pedal not to be as firm. Has anyone had any troubles similar to this. Please help! Thanks.

Old 03-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Default RE: HELP ON BRAKES PLZ!!!

sounds normal to me. all cars brakes feel different, some are very sensitive, others may feel soft, some are rock hard. if u bled the lines correctly, they should be fine. air isnt gena get in there, if it does u have bigger, and what would be more obvious,problems. as for the idle surge, thats normal aswell. the brake booster uses vacuum from the intake, when u press the brakes, the RPMs will fluctuate.