Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

HELP! I need advice!

Old 02-17-2007, 01:16 AM
HCF Member
Default HELP! I need advice!

alright, i have a dilemma that i need some help with... my tires are almost bald... i know that i shouldn't drive the damn car, but i really need to get to work...

I've been contemplating getting new wheels, mainly thinking about 16 inch rotas, but since i don't have much of the money right now, i was thinking to just re-purchase a new clean set of the same rims i got now off of craigslist for about $350 or getting two of them at a time since only my fronts are the really messed up ones...

I really don't want to get new tires without getting new wheels to put them on and i only have about a months worth of tread left on them, can you guys please give me some advice on what to do... thanks!

Old 02-17-2007, 01:34 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: HELP! I need advice!

oh, and just for the record, i think my wheels are alright... the only thing is that i would probably get them in gunmetal instead of the chrome look if i were to get them again...

any advice is welcome guys and girls, PLEASE!

Old 02-17-2007, 12:27 PM
HCF Member

There's a differnece between what you NEED and what you WANT. If I were in your shoes, I'd keep the wheels you have and just get the tires you NEED right now. Then save the money for a wheel and tire package that you WANT. Tires don't last forever, so discipline yourself to invest/save that money until you need new tires again. If you manage to save the packagemoney pretty quickly after buying new tires, and you can't discipline yourself to wait until you need tires again,sell off your old rims and tires afterwards to recoup some of your new-purchase costs. I do that pretty frequently with Jeep tires. The guys I know with smaller/stock Jeeps around here know to ask me when I'm changing wheels/tires next because theyget a good deal on offroad spares when I try to recoup some of my costs for always having good treads. They run their tires until bald sometimes, but I usually get rid of tires if they're less than 50%.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:15 PM
HCF Member

honestly i'll agree with him. you want to get new tires ASAP...forget everything until you get them or it may cost you your car or your life.