Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Just ordered strut bars for the subie! UPDATE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 05:49 PM
HCF Member
Default Just ordered strut bars for the subie! UPDATE!

I just ordered some ebay front and rear upper strut bars for the impreza. Cant wait to get them on. Should be a MAJOR improvement. Im hoping that car is going to handle like a slot car now.

Old 09-04-2006, 06:02 PM
Default RE: Just ordered strut bars for the subie!

schwweeet. get some pics up when u getem installed

Old 09-04-2006, 06:07 PM
HCF Member

Will do! I really hope i can find another autoX before winter hits. I gotta test em out and see what all this auto cross rage is. And civicexracer do you just use painters tape for your number?

Old 09-04-2006, 06:15 PM

ya, usually they have the tape at events and u just snag the roll and give it back when ur done with it...i like using this stuff thats ment to write on glass with(not polish, its the stuff ur write "just married" with on the windows) but some regions dont like it and make u use tape.

Old 09-04-2006, 06:16 PM
HCF Member

hmm. I might have to join scca or whatever its called and find an event.

Old 09-08-2006, 06:16 AM

That Impreza looks awsome.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:12 AM
HCF Member

Isn't the winter the best time to own an AWD car? Screw autocross, find an empty parking lot and put up a couple cones.

Old 09-11-2006, 08:10 PM
HCF Member

yes agent. This will be my first winter with it. I might head up to some ice races but im not sure yet. Butttt.....

The strut bars came today and i pretty much got F'd over. The front one doesnt clear the airbox so i cant mount it. Dont worry, it gets worse. The mounting points are mysteriously missing in the trunk. I guess I just assumed they would be there like on the honda. BUT NOOO!!!!! stupid fuji heavy industries has to make it difficult. I pull back the trunk lining and all thats there is metal! I will get some pictures up later tonight.

EDIT: here they are. I guess its the price you pay for going with cheap ebay stuff. When you can buy 2 bars for under $40 I suppose you cant expect perfect. If there is something I am missing in the pictures please point it out.

Rear
Name:  000_0608.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  61.6 KB

Front
Name:  000_0609.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  98.0 KB
Name:  000_0610.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  83.9 KB

Old 09-11-2006, 08:56 PM

I have a feeling the rear mounts are under the rear parcel shelf and you're going to have to take half the damned car appart to get to um (was this way in my 02 intrepid and my ex's 98 saturn).........

On the front one all I can say is either mod the air box or get an intake ..... that or you could try bending the mounting arms upwards a bit or placing washers between the towers and the mount plates but I don't feel safe with that idea....

Old 09-11-2006, 09:15 PM
HCF Member

Yeah i just talked to some guys in my subaru club and i have to remove the back seat to mount that one. Front one i might end up bending or using as a towel rack in my bathroom.

Quick Reply: Just ordered strut bars for the subie! UPDATE!