Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Koni Sports Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 01:59 PM
Default Koni Sports Springs?

How much better would these be compared to the JDM ones off ebay? 170 bucks off TireRack? anyone know a better buy? im on a really tight budget and after ow long do you got to change your springs? i want a very minimal drop and the Koni is like 35mm to 55mm.

any more info please thanks.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Default RE: Koni Sports Springs?

first, there is no Koni Sport Springs, theres Koni Sport shocks. second, JDM is not a company and u should probably stay away from any ebay item that has "JDM" in front of it because chances are its not true JDM. JDM stands for Japanese Domestic Market.

do more research on suspension products before u waste time and money. the stickys at the top of the suspension, brakes, tires&wheels forum can get u started.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:12 PM

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...amp;perfCode=S

and this is??

Old 01-21-2008, 02:20 PM

and on that site they have Brembo Vented Rotors and Hawk Brake pads good combo/buy?

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brake...amp;perfCode=P

and

whats the difference between Hawks StreetPads and Ceramic Performance other then one has more stopping power and other has less noise and brake dust. Other the the diffence in 25$ is the extra money worth it? For daily driving?

http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/resul...amp;brand=Hawk

Old 01-21-2008, 02:27 PM

my bad, i totally forgot about those springs, only seen them a couple times around. i cant find much info on those springs but my guess would be that their ride is compareable to the Tein S-Techs, which u can probably find a little cheaper elsewhere. the S-Techs will lower the car a little more, but not by much. the springs will probably last the lifetime of the car, its the shocks that need to be replaced. when installed any type of lowering spring, u should replace the shocks at the same time to prevent more headache and trouble down the road.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:29 PM

well, could you find me a shock/spring combo of sort for about 250??

and how is that brake and rotor combo?

Old 01-21-2008, 02:32 PM

if you could find me a better sitee to buy from.

Because im also looking for HID kit and exhaust which ill probaby grab from Ebay and some Fogs to go with.

Now im looking for Brakes and Rotors (front) and some Springs but how long afer do shocks go? I hate how you go over a bump the hole car BOUNCES off the ground... and im getting 18" Dvinci Ativos Black and Chrome put on so im guessing a suspension upgade is due. Also what are these upper sway n strut bars?

Sorry for all the quetsions ive looked around never got a specfic answer

Old 01-21-2008, 02:41 PM

i dont know of any good shock/spring combo for that price, one of the cheapest yet still great quailty combo would be the Tokico HP set and that goes for upwards of $350.

the Brembo blanks are good rotors. as for the brake pads, the Hawk HPS are great for street use. theres no need for the Hawk performance or HP plus pads.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:47 PM

where culd i look for thoes Tockio HP combO

Old 01-21-2008, 02:54 PM

DO you know if tire rack if i buy "one" of the items i get 2 rotors ? and if i buy 1 quantiy of the brakes per axle means i get for right side and left>??

Quick Reply: Koni Sports Springs?