Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

KONI yellows and ground controls LAST QUESTION for these. PLEASE HELP. no Orings or yes? Page 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default KONI yellows and ground controls LAST QUESTION for these. PLEASE HELP. no Orings or yes? Page 2

EDIT
OK LAST QUESTION I SWEAR about this setup....

are you suposed to use Orings on these koni sleeves?
i put 2 of the largest Orings on both rears that i have instaled already, but they sure dont hold anything. i guess i just put them there to prevent any posible wobbling.

so far i just got the rear instaled. just came in for a drink and ill go swap out the front.... i hope im doing this right!!!!! please help me out and tell me im doing it right or not....
so far this is going smoothly. now i just have to do the front. im droping it as far as it will let me in the rear just for kicks and YA IT LOOKS NICE. wicked negative camber.LOL but low!
the front i wont lower as much for kicks because of my inner fender liners. but i will lower it for a quick picture then back up close to stock height till i get my camber kits. then i will find the right height for my car and get it aligned.

i havent used any of the silver rings from the KONIs only the already instaled Cclip thats painted...

end edit

ok well JUST got my new koni struts but still waiting on my ground control replacement perches and bolts/ and orings.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I NEED ANYTHING ELSE!

im just guessing how these should go on the struts.... my main concern is how the GC sit on the struts...
do i need a special ring for them to fit?
Name:  07ea1649.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  105.1 KB

Name:  b2e29198.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  112.9 KB

Name:  bdbec214.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  53.5 KB
Name:  91c02197.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  62.2 KB

ive got larger pictures if it might help
http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...0large%20pics/

im more or less just curious if this is all i need..... besides the dust boots and bump stops and such stock parts....
PLEASE HELP ME OUT ASAP!!!!!!

ive only waiting on the new GC lower perches and such and then ill want to throw these on my 99 as quick as posible!!!! i just want to be sure. i cannt wait to get my GC parts.. ive been waiting to long for those small parts... someone over there has been screwing around!

Old 05-05-2008, 09:21 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: KONI yellows and ground controls help needed before instal.

You shouldn't need the silver spring perches, everything should fit snugly right on the shock body like THIS.

You're going to have to cut your dust boots down, and bore the hole out for it to fit over the Koni shaft. Also cut your bump stops if you haven't already.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:41 PM
HCF Member

Those look sick!! My koni/gc's should be coming on wednesday for a thursday/friday install along with energy suspension bushings. Buy them off honda-tech? What dampening specs?
________
Depakote death

Last edited by arust45; 09-10-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Recognized HCF Member

so the GCs just use the rubber sleeve and orings to hold it above the clip? i just dont see how that could really hold the coilovers inplace....

Old 05-06-2008, 05:05 AM
mxs
HCF Member

If it's not fitting correctly then you probably don't have the right sleeves. The Koni/Bilstein sleeves are different.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya mine came off a stock strut setup... so do i have to call and order the correct mount or something?
kinda hard to see your pictures where the struts meet the coilover... looks like there is the same thick rubber sleeve...

i think its to late to call GC today. guess ill have to call them tomorow and see what they say i should need.. and if i can get fast shiping or not.LOL i hate having most the parts and just short of instaling

couldnt i just put the stock perches on the KONIs and put them on that way? i hope the coilovers arent completly different!!!!

Old 05-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well CRAP.... ya they said i have to buy new red shafts to fit the konis....and i didnt know that when i ordered the other parts... (homer) DOOOOOOOPPPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

another 108bucks adding up DAM that sucks!!!! o well i guess.... now i didnt get such a good deal on the used Ground controls o well i guess if i ever have strut problems i can slap the GCs on the stock struts with the red sleeves for a temp fix if i ever do have a problem
ended up costing me another 30bucks more than it would have cost to buy brand new.
but guess this way i have spare shafts and a perch and orings that i probably wont need now
and hopefully ill get a tracking number this time... he had my email entered in there wrong i guess... maybe ill get it before this weekend and maybe not..... most likely NOT with all my luck lately!

Old 05-07-2008, 12:14 PM
mxs
HCF Member

You can resell the original sleeves, I'm sure. Anyone running stock shocks, Tokico, KYB etc. can use them. Springs go for $75-80 shipped a pair (used) all the time, so someone looking to save a few bucks could easily piece together their own setup.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well im not sure if the new sleeves will come with the gold threaded perches parts or not... if they dont come with them then probably wont be able to sell them... time will tell when they come in the mail i guess..... or hell might sell them to my other friend for his 94civic hes got, i traded him my old lowering parts from my old 94 for his stock stuff and he rubbs in the front so he might want to tweek his setup with some nice ground controls... if he buys his own springs that is. o well time will tell.

i hope to get all the parts soon! every day i remember my old drop.LOL and now i want to go even lower... as low as not rubbing can go

Old 05-08-2008, 05:24 AM

It's been 2 years since I put my Koni/GCs in and I can't tell you how happy you're going to be with them.

Oh, I can drop my car another 2" or so if I really wanted to, lol.

Quick Reply: KONI yellows and ground controls LAST QUESTION for these. PLEASE HELP. no Orings or yes? Page 2