HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/)
-   -   lowering ma civ (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/suspension-brakes-tires-wheels-14/lowering-ma-civ-43936/)

SHYTXNASTICK 05-08-2007 06:17 PM

lowering ma civ

alrite yall i wanna lower my 05 civic lx sedan but i dont have enough money for a full coilover set..however im down to get some springs to lower my car but i would want a noticable difference in the way the car looks and handles b/c sometimes i look at other peoples cars and i cant even tell that their cars r lowered even though they actually are

newayz my question to u is how low should i go where there would be a noticeable difference in the way my civ looks and handles? and what kinda springs would help me achieve this?

thanks brothas

ScoobyAddict14 05-08-2007 07:04 PM

RE: lowering ma civ

lets see 1.5" would be pretty noticible i think, 2" would really be noticible. 1.5" i know tein, h & r and eibach make springs in this category. for 2" i know neuspeed, h & r and sprint make springs for this height. also i would look into aftermarket struts too because one you lower your car, your oem struts wont be as good. kyb makes some good aftermarket struts for a good price.

civicexracer 05-08-2007 07:36 PM

+1. look into Tien (s-techs are popular), Eibach(pro kit maybe), H&R(sports maybe), Neuspeed(race series). shocks would be a good thing to upgrade aswell. check out the Tokico and KYB lineup.

ej6buddy 05-08-2007 07:40 PM

it's your money and your decision, so in the end, you need to research, not ask for opinions, or you'll basically end up with something someone else wants rather than what you want.

civicexracer 05-08-2007 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

it's your money and your decision, so in the end, you need to research, not ask for opinions, or you'll basically end up with something someone else wants rather than what you want.
but asking for opinions is part of the research;). were only helping him know whats out there to begin further research. plus, just looking on sites at drops and such isnt the best way to go. one site might say something different than what the actual item is. or even if 2 different companies offer the same drop in their springs, the spring rates would be different. plus, he said he dosnt have enough money for a "full" coilover setup, so a shock/spring or shock/sleeve setup would prolly be in his best interest unless other wise stated..we never said which setups were better than another, just pointed out whats out there for him to decide on whats best for himself:)

ej6buddy 05-08-2007 08:03 PM

^ lol, i know that, i'm just tired of people asking this same question when they're usually "swayed" into some particular product. since he didn't state anything from the start, i was assuming that he didn't know much since he didn't really have anything that we could go off of.