Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Lowering, what to get ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Default Lowering, what to get ?

Heyas,

I'd like to lower my '00 Si a bit. I really don't know much things about mechanic etc. and i'm trying to figure out what i'd need. I'd like to lower it around 1,5" - 1,8" and i've heard i could only install lowering springs for this. I'm not on a budget and i dont want to take the risk to break something else cause i changed the coil. I'm aware that the shocks might wear faster once it's lowered, but i can deal with this.

Basically, i was looking at the Eibach Sportline springs for the drop and i was wondering if anyone had any opinions/comments about what was said above.

Regards,

cncivic

edited: I'd like to note that the tire used will be the stock size 195/55R15 and that i MIGHT later on get some 205/45R16 (which is the good ratio for 195/55R15). So if the clearance is fine with my actualy tires, it should be fine with the 16".

Old 02-05-2007, 09:48 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Lowering, what to get ?

i always recommend Tokico Illumina struts and H&R Sport springs.

the thing about keeping stock shocks isnt just that they'll wear out faster...but also chances are they wont be able to dampen as well with the stiffer springs. this means your car will pogo more and can be very dangerous at high speeds.

Old 02-05-2007, 10:15 AM

Even with a little drop ?

Old 02-05-2007, 10:20 AM
mxs
HCF Member

what is your budget?

Old 02-05-2007, 01:38 PM

Well, i'm not a budget. The Eibach springs were something like $200 which would be just fine for me. But if i need to invest more money to have the reliability of the stock parts, i'll throw more in.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:07 AM

With the informations i could gather, i ended on this kit of springs.

http://www.kyoauto.com/browseproducts/Honda-96-00-Civic-TEIN-S.Tech-Lowering-Springs-(SKA24-AUB00).html

Would i need to change anything else in the suspension besides the springs if i decide to get them ? Any clue if i'd get a bumpy ride or something ? Note that i have the Si stock suspension right now.

cncivic

Old 02-13-2007, 09:10 AM
formerly aryiman98civic

the s-techs are pretty good but i would recommend getting a good strut and spring combination. to get the drop you want h & r makes a great sport spring like nail said. i would research on struts as well to see which ones will fit you the best.

Old 02-13-2007, 09:16 AM
mxs
HCF Member

I vote for adjustable shocks.

just stick with any name brand springs, you'll be ok. there's a set of H&R Sports for sale in the classifieds here.

also, save $75 or so to get an alignment when you're done

Old 02-13-2007, 10:09 AM

Aight,

Just to make sure i have everything right in my head, i could get the Tein S-Tech along with this:

http://store.racinglab.com/hon92civtoki.html

And that would be just fine, right ?

Old 02-13-2007, 10:13 AM
mxs
HCF Member

sure!

edit: but you could get Koni Yellows for another ten bucks total, and they are a much better shock!

Quick Reply: Lowering, what to get ?